Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid botany plants and food stuff
Coffee beans, grow them in botany, stick them in the still/extractor to somehow get coffee.
Some sort of plant that grows chicken nuggets that can be refined in a similar fashion to make chicken soup.
Rice! Makes same stuff as flour but with "gluten-free" in the name, i.e. "Gluten-free dread."
Olive trees, for cocktail olives and olive oil maybe.
Sugarcane in the still to make rum.

Thoughts?
I would like to see some plants that can dye cloth, by just dropping them into the Auto-Loom before adding the cotton/Leather/Viscerite/etc.

Examples are BloodRoot, Woad, and Black Walnut.
sartorius Wrote:Coffee beans, grow them in botany, stick them in the still/extractor to somehow get coffee.
Some sort of plant that grows chicken nuggets that can be refined in a similar fashion to make chicken soup.
Rice! Makes same stuff as flour but with "gluten-free" in the name, i.e. "Gluten-free dread."
Olive trees, for cocktail olives and olive oil maybe.
Sugarcane in the still to make rum.

Thoughts?

The Coffee idea is good. The chef should also be able to make sushi with rice.
I think a good plant to add would be cocoa that you can extract to get chocolate, given that you can only get chocolate from chocolate bars (which don't spawn in vending machines) at the moment (and rarely, you get small amounts from discount dans). Maybe they could just be a mutation of coffee beans?
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:I think a good plant to add would be cocoa that you can extract to get chocolate, given that you can only get chocolate from chocolate bars (which don't spawn in vending machines) at the moment (and rarely, you get small amounts from discount dans). Maybe they could just be a mutation of coffee beans?
You can get chocolate from the Happy Elf Hot Chocolate in coffee vendors, but it would be nice to have a growable source.
A4Brogan Wrote:I would like to see some plants that can dye cloth, by just dropping them into the Auto-Loom before adding the cotton/Leather/Viscerite/etc.

Examples are BloodRoot, Woad, and Black Walnut.

Fun fact: certain color dyes (I think indigo is one of them) are made with urine
Nnystyxx Wrote:
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:I think a good plant to add would be cocoa that you can extract to get chocolate, given that you can only get chocolate from chocolate bars (which don't spawn in vending machines) at the moment (and rarely, you get small amounts from discount dans). Maybe they could just be a mutation of coffee beans?
You can get chocolate from the Happy Elf Hot Chocolate in coffee vendors, but it would be nice to have a growable source.
Oh shit, I didn't know about this, that makes getting chocolate far, far easier.