Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Gamemode
My dumb opinion.

Bring back the rev flash for team sports like basketball. Make it an admin spawnable item or have two hidden on the station.

Just add a prompt that lets people join upon being flashed. Use it for basketball, admin gimmicks, etc. the Team flash would not be a traitor item, just a way to form teams for interstation sports.
I been thinking and i realized this whole gamemode would work better themed as an mafia thing instead and people rather liked my idea on Irc, so here it is for the 5th time!

My attempt to change the them into Mafia

How i based it-http://larissiahall.weebly.com/organization-of-the-mafia.html

In Mafia a player is randomly chosen to become a Underboss with the goal given by the Don to kill the heads and security so the Mafia can take the station .To complete this task the Under-boss is given a special mindslave implant that doesn't work on the heads/security but doesn't wear off.He also recieves an special Headset with the comms of his current job and all of the mafia's special channels

The Underboss is also given a special pda that has an special shop and it also has the ability to ask the Don for a special objectives the range from farting on someone to destroying the engine. If an objective is completed the pda is given a point to spend in the shop

The stuff you can buy at the shop includes:
A random Traitor item
A way to upgrade someones pda to an Capo Pda.This Pda is exactly likes your EXCEPT they can't upgrade anyone elses PDA.Stuff in this shop is also a tiny bit more expensive (and you can't transfer points)
An implant that turns any Non-head/security into a perma mindslave(You can't remove the implant and it's invisible)
A Capo headset that is connected to a Mafia command channel and has the ablity to make another channel and give it an letter
A Solider headset that does NOT include the Mafia-comand channel but can be linked to the Capo's created channel by wacking it against the Capo's headset
A Pinpointer that tracks the heads and security
An expensive Mafia suit that includes shoes, a fancy suit, a hat and a Tommy gun. This Tommy gun does not use ammo but instead when the wearer has an full suit it uses their stamina instead.Only mafia members can use this suit BUT If security gets ahold of it they can use an machine to transform it into an security version of the suit
An machine that can any tommy gun into THE tommy gun (Competly useless for crew purposes and cost 20-40 points)

This will result in a fun and unique tier system where the Underboss upgrades the pdas of 2-3 mindslaves he trust and those people make and command small gang of mindslaves to complete objectives/attack the heads and security

Crew

The heads and security job is to hunt down and kill the head insurgent.They don't know it is the Mafia round till an mafia-member is reveled as one by accident OR when the Snitch calls the station. The Snitch calls around the 5-10 minute mark(If the Head insurgent doen't delay him). He tells the crew that he upgraded their commasters with a special program that they can order information from and will tell them what he wants every 2-5 minutes.If they drop off items he wants (This ranges from pills with 100 of a random chemical to 10 laser guns) at randomly assigned dropzone (It changes every time he wants a new thing). If they complete the order they get One point to spend on buying information

The shit they can buy at the commaster is:
A random letter of the Underboss's name
a small portion of a fingerprint of the Underboss
The current objectives of theMafia
The number of Soliders/Capo's there are
What the Mafia has bought
The last action a random Mafia member has done
Two implants the un-convert injectedMafia members and stops future mindslaving(This cost 2 points)
An device that can turn the Mafia-suit and gun into something the crew can use -3 points-
An machine that can turn any tommy gun into THE Tommy gun -competly useless for crew's purposes and costs 20 points-

This means the heads can slowly learn who the Mafia underboss is if the mafia agents don't try sabatoging the delivery of the items the snitch wants

How the round ends

The round ends in 4 ways

1-The head Underboss dies or leaves the Z-level (Head victory)
2-The heads and security die or leave the z-level (Mafia victory)
3-The shuttle is called and the crew leaves (Draw)
4-Everyone on the station is Tommy (Tommy victory)
I'll mention the unmentionable: my cluwne spider idea. Keep things simple: A single antagonist entity attempts to convert crew members and take over the station. In this case a horrific nonhuman entity with set abilities. One that horribly disfigures crew members beyond being saved when it converts them (discouraging the whole "hey pls mindslave me i wanna be antag" mentality).

I can neither confirm nor deny if I am revamping the sprite to fit the new cluwne sprite.
If REV can come back in any form then I'm down. You have my support.
Ed Venture Wrote:If REV can come back in any form then I'm down. You have my support.
Absolutely agree with this. Rev is gone for a reason, but if we can have it back and it's problems fixed I'm all for it.