Mentor Application: Anticheese
Usual Character Name: Jadon Stange / Desmond Thompson

BYOND Username: Anticheese

Recommended by (if applicable): droidblaster

Times Available: GMT+12 (New Zealand time), evenings

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): When I first started playing SS13 back in the old days of floor vents, I found myself quickly overwhelmed by the complexity of the game. The interface didn't help, and the players at the time were supremely unhelpful. I shelved the game for a year, and didn't look back until I stumbled across the thread on SA, around the time of Ovarystation.

The tips and hints I read there helped me to get over the stumbling blocks. Finding out all the sorts of things you could do spurred me on to learn more about how the game works, and even now I still find new things to do every round.

Whenever I see the new fish medal pop up nowadays, I smile. It means I get to see people make the same mistakes I did, like ordering an emag in a hallway or beating someone with a cloaking device. Likewise, the way new people react to the silly tricks older players pull is always fantastic. New players are a breath of fresh air that deserve to have a little bit of extra help getting used to how the game works.

I'd like to get new players over the stumbling blocks that everyone faces when playing SS13 for the first time. I may not be the most recognisable player, having changed my character names a few times between stations, but I'm certain I can make a good name for myself doing this. At the very least, it'll be good for players in New Zealand, Australia and similar time zones to have a reliable helping hand along in the afternoon.

That's all there really is to say, and I hope that this application gets approved with a minimum of extra padding on the end of this sentence to meet the word count.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): Dreamworks movie with awful sequels

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): The first time I was captain in a nuke round, I panicked and tossed the disk into space. Happened a long time ago, but the pre-ban talk went well, and I learned from that.
I fully support this and it has nothing to do with country pride, yes... nothing.

In all seriousness though I've seen him a few times and he's been good and by the sounds of it he knows his stuff. I also love his opinion of Shrek.

That is all.
He should already be a mentor.
I'm procheese on this.
I'm really happy to hear the support from you guys. It might only be a few people, but I feel really good about taking a shot at mentor with this.