Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathogens contagious through glass walls.
I'm writing this mostly as a reminder to SpyGuy who I talked about it with but Pathogens are currently able to infect people through all forms of glass - whether is is a single thin piece, four pieces around a grill, or a full glass block. It will do this even after the glass has been fully installed. (Walls and airlocks, on the other hand, do properly prevent the spread of contagion.)
It's been my experience that pathogens are just completely uncontainable in any situation. Gas mask, internals, full biosuit, other side of the station, you'll still get infected.
Grayshift Wrote:It's been my experience that pathogens are just completely uncontainable in any situation. Gas mask, internals, full biosuit, other side of the station, you'll still get infected.

This is incorrect actually. What people are forgetting 99% of the time - because for some reason you can work in space without them but catch disease if you are missing them - are gloves (and presumably shoes?)
flagging for investigation, scream at me if nothing comes of this
Also, the pathogen reagent doesn't properly leave monkeys (and possibly players), meaning that if you get a new strain of pathogen you can't infect the monkey with the new strain, even if the previous infection died off.
(03-29-2017, 05:16 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Also, the pathogen reagent doesn't properly leave monkeys (and possibly players), meaning that if you get a new strain of pathogen you can't infect the monkey with the new strain, even if the previous infection died off.

This also leads to the 'reagent fart' symptom spreading additional 'pathogen' chemical until everyone's bodies are entirely full of 'pathogen' and no other chems can make it in. While it is fun to fill people's bodies with chemicals so that nothing else can be injected it'd probably be more fun if it worked as intended and filled people up with other chemicals besides 'pathogen'.