Isratosh/Bartholomew Martins Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Bartholomew Martins
BYOND Username: Isratosh
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: Lots. Evenings and weekends, Mountain Time.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I've been playing SS13 and Goonstation for about two and a half years, with a bit of a break in the middle. Ever since I started and figured out just how steep the learning curve can be sometimes, I've always wanted to be helping new players get into the game. There aren't very many SS13 players, and I've been interested in keeping the new stumble-upons stuck to the game like I was when I first started. I thoroughly enjoy helping players even with the smallest of things, and it makes my day when I help somebody finally grasp something they've been working hard on. My actual goal in life is to go to university and become a medical doctor myself, because I really do enjoy helping people in all manners. I have a lot of experience with Goonstation and other SS13 servers as well, to the point where I'm helping people through OOC or IC means even if I'm not a designated mentor. I've given lessons on setting up the engine, doing chemistry, artlab, mining, everything. I am very proficient in areas like chemistry, knowing a lot of the secret recipes and even messing around with the ChemiCompiler a bit. I'm starting to get quite good with the medical field, and have spent multiple rounds being the only active doctor in a station of 20 or 30 with patients piling through the door. I can dart into the pharmacy to brew up a specialized healing solution for an acute problem, and then go back to surgery and what-not. I've played security extensively, dealing with both the cooperative good-doers and the griefing assistants. I've spent hours upon hours on the lower population Goon servers exploring the adventure zone, by myself and with other groups. I've even been the leader of a few expeditions to places like the biodome, where I was in charge of several players who've never been there before. I've blown up engineering more times than I can count with my attempts at a hellburn, but I've done it successfully as well. It's always great when I can get a few gigaWatts out the PTL. As well as having the knowledge to help players, I'm always willing to learn new things myself. Just a few days before posting this I had been given a tour and quick lesson on the pathology section of medical, and found it very fascinating. I've also found myself in a couple of different staff positions on other SS13 servers throughout my time playing, including senior administration, mentoring, and hosting. Because of that experience, I have the skills that I believe necessary in communicating knowledge effectively, even to the players who might not be the brightest.

I've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this game, and I'd like to continue helping other people experience it the same way I have.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Ban for metagaming a few months ago. Learned my lesson, never doing it again.

I'll be glad to answer any questions that you guys may have for me.
You seem to have a really good attitude in your app, but I honestly have never seen you in-game. That being said I'm down for a yes.
I recall seeing you play on and off over the past year or two, but not nearly often enough to be noticed by others to judge your knowledge or character - which would explain why your application is going glacially.

The metagaming part is a bit of a red marker, but your application mindset is in the right place.
Experience wise, you're probably well acquainted with a lot of the old stuff, but I have no idea how up-to-date you are with a lot of the newer things.

If this application keels over, you should probably reapply again when you feel confident.
A probable yes from me.