Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
add some manner of produce storage/sorter for the chef
i am suggesting this as it is very annoying and not fun to jump dump everything on the ground, right click, wait 15 seconds to load all 600000000 things on the floor and then manually pick them up

what i am proposing is something like a vending machine for easy storage and access

like on tg there's this thing the botanists can just dump produce into for the chef to dispense whatever was put inside of it
I approve of this greatly. Having a vending machine with a simple Name / Vend / Quantity setup would be good, especially if it's scrollable.
I agree. My BYOND exploding because the botanists were too prolific or somebody ordered a produce crate is the opposite of fun.
It'll also solve the problem of a shitload of tomatoes flying out of the produce chute and immediately being destroyed when they splat all over the floor.
I'd actually say it's fine how it is. It gives the chef a reason to scream at the botanists over the radio for not being organized, because a good botanist can send produce over nicely sorted and kept in produce bags that are easy to work with. And I personally find it funny whenever an annoyed/incompetent botanist uses the mail system to create a tomato tornado in the kitchen and make a huge damn mess.
Also, I believe you can just use some clever click-dragging and crates to sort through the godawful mess botany sends all over the floor. Also, you can usually just be careful clicking on the sprites to get the exact food that you want rather than right clicking and freezing up your client. (Although that's its own issue that should be worked on somehow)
i think the produce bag sucks up one type of produce with click+drag functionality filling. i usually used this to fill up the sack with one type of shit, scoot to an empty tile, dump it out, rinse and repeat to have nice organized piles of produce littering my floor
misto Wrote:i think the produce bag sucks up one type of produce with click+drag functionality filling. i usually used this to fill up the sack with one type of shit, scoot to an empty tile, dump it out, rinse and repeat to have nice organized piles of produce littering my floor
this Is how we get ants!!
being able to dump your sacks of food into the foodtech vending machine thing to keep things tidy, then, would also be nice.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
misto Wrote:i think the produce bag sucks up one type of produce with click+drag functionality filling. i usually used this to fill up the sack with one type of shit, scoot to an empty tile, dump it out, rinse and repeat to have nice organized piles of produce littering my floor
this Is how we get ants!!
Good. We need all the love we can get.

A vend to load with job relevant items would do well in many job areas. I'm not sure why it's not a thing, honestly. I'm pretty sure it gets brought up fairly often. Well, loadable vends, anyways.