Kirex's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Ricky Robby, CPUCAKE, CPUCAKEY. (parf on IRC).
BYOND Username: kirex
Recommended by (if applicable): Hufflaw for sure. I think Dions, Spyguy, Haine have also vouched me on this, correct me if I'm wrong though.
Times Available: 6pm-till i feel like falling asleep.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I really enjoy being in your community so I'd like to help out in any way I possibly can.
Aside from a couple of new security stuff, that I'll catch up to, I'm pretty knowledgeable about the game or rather the server branch.
Helping out people with learning more about on how to play is something I feel like capable of doing. I know when it's best to be vague about some things since discovering something by yourself is exciting which I'd like to encourage to any new player coming to the game.

Plus, with the opening of Destiny, I'm betting there is or will be a influx of new players. So I felt that tackling the task of becoming a mentor is best to do now.

I've also tried my best to help out anyone with questions in deadchat previously, that is before I stopped playing regularly - right now I have a lot of spare time.

So in the end I'm mostly applying because I enjoy the community #goonstation has managed to form and I'd like to help any new players with softening the steep learning curve ss13 has to offer.

Thanks for reading!

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):None.
Since I just noticed that there's actually not enough words in the reason+experience I'll add a few words to it:

I've started playing on goonstation in, I believe, at the start of 2014.
I was extremely intimidated by the game's harsh way of teaching you how to play so I know fully well how a new player might shy away from the game completely just by playing it for the first time without someone answering their questions.
I've been totally ignorant to some of the rules at the beginning, but after a couple of warnings I've shaped up, so I understand the importance of getting a inexperienced player to read the rules as soon as it's apparent that it's their first time on the game/server.

Reading the unbans forum, which I read from start to finish awhile ago, is also, I believe, a plus when it comes to mentoring. Reason being, it helps to explain in length why there are some things the player must keep in mind when it comes to them doing something for laughs that might end up with another player to sit out of the on-going shift.
Yes for sure.

It's always a pleasure playing with this guy, especially when he's an AI. He knows his shit.

parf is barf
parp is good
I have never had a bad experience with this motherfucker right here. Give him this mentor thing.
Resounding yes.
Yep yep yep.
all this time ive thought your name was ricky bobby

and you do seem like someone who is quite knowledgeable and skilled and so i'm going to say y e s
A yes from me, you know your stuff. get in not go out
Always a good borg as CPUCAKE, yes.
Dude seems cool in the IRC and in game. I'm down for him to get the color text.
Yes. He's a chill dude and would be a good mentor.
Yup. Welcome to purple.