Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove 'silly' roles from the RP server.
Clowns, mailmen, etc.. Many might work, but clowns are horrible. I experienced a near perfect RP round where everyone was rping, but then a clown went around punching everyone in the face, and claimed it was fine because it was rping as a clown.

It's true - it was a clown, and that's what makes it fine. But it doesn't make it fun for everyone else - please remove the roles that aren't actually useful or contributive to the station from the roleplay server. They do unnecessary shit that ruins gameplay for serious roles, and blur the line between serious players and people who have only joined to ruin the round for other people. There's even a rule warning traitors that their role isn't to ruin other players rounds, so I don't see why clowns should be except from this.

My apologies if this is too much effort/work to add, I can understand how it could be extremely complicated.
I feel as if this is something that would be better handled case-by-case. I've seen plenty of clowns that aren't shitty, but that right there is a shitty clown.

Besides, niche roles are founded even more in RP. Mailmen are normally useless since you can use the mail chutes.
I'd support this. I've yet to see anyone playing the gimmick roles like clown/musician in any serious way/any way that isn't just spamming noises and irritating people.
GET OUT

Quote:I experienced a near perfect RP round where everyone was rping, but then a clown went around punching everyone in the face, and claimed it was fine because it was rping as a clown.

You should adminhelp this, the fact that some players are horrible with several roles, should not warrant for getting those roles removed.
I've seen a clown do stand-up comedy in the bar.

This is cause to remove that particular clown, not all clowns.
Spy_Guy Wrote:I've seen a clown do stand-up comedy in the bar.

This is cause to remove that particular clown, not all clowns.

I've seen normal roles do this as though it were their spare time/break/alternative job - that seems far better than dedicating an entire role to this, I think.
Nnystyxx Wrote:I feel as if this is something that would be better handled case-by-case. I've seen plenty of clowns that aren't shitty, but that right there is a shitty clown.

Besides, niche roles are founded even more in RP. Mailmen are normally useless since you can use the mail chutes.
Sure. Let's expect people to check every so often to see if a role that's available once a week is around so we can use a very very simple feature.

I mean, we could just add it as a permanent role, but even then, it would be much much better to just add mail chutes as a role play factor; it'd not only enforce roleplay, but remove an underused (and thus boring) role from the game, and it's not like we have a surplus of players.
Everyone needs to stop having the excuse "I'm role playing a horrible person, so everything is alright.". Anyone acting like that should be subject to punishment.
A clown that punches you in face is assaulting you, whether in real life or in a video game. Stay safe.
I'm just gonna echo the current sentiments. One or two players being shit with a particular role should not be met with removing the entire role. Just punish the people who are being shit, simple as that.
"One bad clown to ruin them all"

But no seriously if someone is saying "I'm RPing as an asshole so it's okay" chuck him out an airlock