Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climb On Tables
It seems a little odd that everyone on ss13 has the dexterity of a geriatric and needs help clamoring onto table tops. Can we have to option where dragging oneself onto a table causes you to begin climbing onto it?

I want to get drunk and do some table dancing dang it!

Maybe running on a table gives you the chance to fall off and hurt yourself a little?
atamusvaleo Wrote:It seems a little odd that everyone on ss13 has the dexterity of a geriatric and needs help clamoring onto table tops. Can we have to option where dragging oneself onto a table causes you to begin climbing onto it?

I want to get drunk and do some table dancing dang it!

Maybe running on a table gives you the chance to fall off and hurt yourself a little?

I believe that the ability to climb on tables should remain limited to wrestlers and monkeys for the simple reason that many parts of the station would far too easy to break into otherwise.

I think that needing the help of someone else to place you on a table is a good balancing factor.
Winklabom Wrote:monkeys

Yeah, you can use a monkey to get ontop of a table already. Seems balanced enough for me, as it has not been changed in a long time.
Fair enough... and I guess I'll always have a witness to my sweet moves.
Side note: There could always be a delay on it that takes longer than those sliding windows?
What if climbing on a table required you stand on a chair first.

Then nerds who try to climb tables could get pushed down off the chairs.
Then people would put two chairs in their backpack and use them as stools to raid the HoP's office.

My suggestion: Allow it for normal tables, but not reinforced tables. Anything that can be wrenched in one click, you can climb with click-drag. Anything you need to weld, you can't get up on. Easy!
it'd be neat if you could do this

but say if you were clumsy or were the clown you would have a good chance to trip over yourself and fall and bust your head open

you used to be able to flip onto tables while wearing athletic shorts but was removed for some reason
Grek Wrote:Then people would put two chairs in their backpack and use them as stools to raid the HoP's office.

My suggestion: Allow it for normal tables, but not reinforced tables. Anything that can be wrenched in one click, you can climb with click-drag. Anything you need to weld, you can't get up on. Easy!
I agree. Tables and chairs ought to have a chance to break with this kinds misuse as well.
I'm against this for the time being. Tables are often there as simple boundaries as often and not and to let anyone clamber over will make accessing other areas even simpler than it already is unless parts of the station are reworked.
If you WERE able to climb, places would be super easy to break into. In that case there should be two types of table:

1. What we have currently, simple as fuck
2. A "sheilded" table, one where you can still place items/air goes through but thrown ones/people climbing get deflected off

Isaac Kirkhope tries to climb on the table, but is bounced back!

The shielded tables could be battery powered, just by adding a cell before building it
Still wrenchable in a pinch!
Erev Wrote:I'm against this for the time being. Tables are often there as simple boundaries as often and not and to let anyone clamber over will make accessing other areas even simpler than it already is unless parts of the station are reworked.

Yeah I am against this as well. Simply because it would make playing a HoP hell. Why would anyone bother asking the HoP for a job change when they could just bum rush him and steal his stuff. People have stated that it would make places easier to break into and I have to agree. Besides it's not that hard to take down tables. You only need a wrench or a welding tool and a wrench if you are dealing with a reinforced table. Both of these are fairly common items and any greysuit can get their hands on them.
I honestly wasn't even thinking about breaking and entering when I posted it.. I just wanted to do some dancing across bar while I sang my heart out but I can see how it lends itself to abuse.
Our characters would climb on tables but the only ones smart enough to know how are too lazy to do so. Nanotrasen count on this to protect sensitive areas with minimal cost.

Definitely wouldn't be against moving on tables once you're already up there, though.
well to help remedy the supposed problem that would probably never ever happen that is having the hop get bumrushed, why not add a flasher module like there is in the brig to the hop office to better control the frothing masses

or add a glass sliding door onto the table

climbing on tables would help cut out the tedious and annoying bitch work and make the game more fun and flow faster