Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelog causing client to crash on Destiny
Whenever I try to load up the Destiny server, once the changelog appears, a window saying 'dreamseeker - encountered an improper argument' will appear, causing the client to freeze and become unresponsive. Using the latest updated versions of BYOND and Internet explorer.
Seconding that, just had the same thing happen to me as well.
to add : with some effort, you can try to quickly declare ready and pick a job before the changelog kicks in and crashes you. It won't pop up the next time you load the client if you successfully entered the game.
Season 2 : The addening

Manually bringing up the changelog from the tab didn't cause the argument error again, but pressing the "RP rules" button did.
If you're using 509, downgrade; and vice versa.
Downgrading to 506 seems to have worked. Whoop!
I wouldn't downgrade all the way down to 506. 509 is the latest byond version, if you haven't tried that then do so.
I was at 509 before this.
Whenever I try to play on LLJK5 on my laptop, as soon as the changelog comes up dreamseeker spits out "encountered an improper argument" and the connection closes immediately. This does not happen on any of the other servers.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/NTJCzfn
Downgrading to 506 also seems to have worked for me.

Yeah, looks like it's connected to the RP rules popup, not the changelog. I wasn't able to see it on 509 because it kept crashing when it got to that.
506 will likely not work long.
You need to give more details, like does it just close when youclick ok or does it just actually crash like "This program has stopped working"
Once the 'improper argument' window pops up, the client becomes unresponsive, and nothing you click on will work.
To clarify, for my case at least, it doesn't freeze entirely. You can move the cursor about, but nothing you click on will have an effect.
I'm also having trouble with the RP rules popup.

Originally attempted connecting with 509. Downgraded to 508 and was able to connect so long as I declared ready before the non-popup for the rp rules popped up. Still crashed, but when i reconnected as random-Mc-staff-assistant (where there would be no popups) I was able to connect just fine.

Not sure if it helps, but I noticed dreamseeker trying to open a cache file when the invalid argument box popped up. The file appears to be different each time it crashes.

When the invalid argument box pops up i'm able to close it, as well as the changelog. But I am unable to click declare ready, character options, or observe. Dreamseeker will also not close without using task manager.
Forgot to mention:

When i did manage to get in, I attempted to open the rules, RP rules, and the changelog.

Changelog opened fine and closed fine. Same for the rules. The RP rules however caused the invalid argument popup box to open when i tried to open them. The rest of the client then became non-responsive and connection closed.