Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fashion Preferences
This came to mind when thinking about the new Destiny map, but very well could apply to the regular game too! Spaceman fashion is a wonderful and at times bizarre thing, but it's always kind of disappointed me that a lot of the outfits just get samey after a while, and the really unique stuff is typically locked behind GM shenanigans or out in space somewhere.

I was thinking that it might not go completely amiss to introduce a fashion preference system as part of the character creation so hairstyle can be only the beginning of expressing true individuality on the station. Maybe one person really likes shorts and will usually spawn in wearing outfits that feature shorts, maybe another guy really likes baseball caps and will spawn with a baseball cap every time they play, and so on and so forth. As far as the mechanics go, it'd basically be a matter of making various modifications to the standard outfits people get at spawn, and people possibly spawning in with those modified outfits as according to their fashion preferences.

I dunno, this sounded a lot more coherent in my head and I could probably explain this a bit better, but yeah.
you may not remember this year but during april fools most if not all jumpsuits had re-colors but they still go unused to this day that could play into this idea