Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having -1 absorbed as a changeling
I went into the negative DNA points after becoming a shambler and it broke all my changling abilities so I couldn't eat and sting people anymore
Not sure if intended.

When you get absorbed by another changeling, you get husked.
Now, if you scanned yourself earlier in a cloner and then get cloned, you can use none of your changeling abilities. The buttons are still there however.
Your body does not show up as 'destroyed', it instead says you got -1 absorbed.

Shouldn't cloning from your previous self give you back your own dna somehow? Not sure if possible coding-wise.
That does seem like a bug to me. Cloning a changeling is a universally bad idea because they still have their powers after being cloned, for instance, so this shouldn't change just because the method of death happened to suck up all of their DNA points. Blame the lost points on like... soul buffoonery. Space magic. I don't know. But let revived changelings keep being changelings.
THis might be offtopic but can changelings still come back to changeling form from being borged?
KikiMofo Wrote:THis might be offtopic but can changelings still come back to changeling form from being borged?

Yes, you can monkey form out of the robot body, and you leave behind a radio.
Klayboxx Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:THis might be offtopic but can changelings still come back to changeling form from being borged?

Yes, you can monkey form out of the robot body, and you leave behind a radio.
I can see how this could be explained in game (the brain transforms into the monkey and hops out) but it would be nice if there was a way to keep the player in the game without having to worry about them turning on you.
Huh. 0 is something I could explain, -1 less so. Will look into this in a bit.
i dunno if this got fixed lol