Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny & RP on Goonstation
Sundance Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:Tell them to fuck off. You're entering a distress signal where there may be hostiles and it may be depressurized. Even from an RP aspect going in armed and suited up makes perfect sense.
Yes. Will do.

Shuttle call side-note: Having traitors in RP-station like on regular station would help a great deal in terms of having 'rounds'.
There are antags during peak hours.
We can't have automatic traitors enabled atm. This always leads to silent rampages when left unchecked.

Then folks have no fun and have to break rp and boom. Back to dog eat dog.

The idea is that we'll enable it again when folks are more used to roleplaying and interacting without using their fists.
What about miscreants? Those necessitate RPing and would be non-Antag roles that would still cause Things To Happen.
I think there can be miscreants. That said, I might be wrong. If so then we could definitely take in some of those jerks.
Wooo! Destiny! I love you, mr/mrs server! For me, this was the greatest addition to goon, I enjoyed most of the rounds I played on it, even though everyone littered during them.

(you're very cool, my servery friend)
Hey, those who actively play on Destiny or wish to play on it. Would you mind posting some information about your SS13 schedule? I'm thinking we could setup a date for a couple bigger games. Heck, maybe even some of the admins would be online then for additional flavour. Currently I'm thinking that weekends is the safest bet. The dividing issue is that some of our playerbase is european and some from the states, but I'm sure we can reach a middle ground.

Personally, I'm open for whatever time, I just want to have a few rounds with 20+ players.
From what I've noticed, Destiny really fills up past about 11PM 00:00 GMT (best gmt), so it'll probably be late nights for everyone.
Yeah, I'm EST and tend to play after work. I don't see big crowds until around 8:30-9pm.
Just a head's up to everyone: the admins are debating the establishment of a weekly "Day of Destiny", where we all pile onto the Destiny server and RP to our heart's content. There may or may not be events that the players will have to deal with.

If you're interested, please post, and we can further pass on this information throughout the community.
Sounds fun.
(07-26-2016, 10:07 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: Just a head's up to everyone: the admins are debating the establishment of a weekly "Day of Destiny", where we all pile onto the Destiny server and RP to our heart's content. There may or may not be events that the players will have to deal with.

If you're interested, please post, and we can further pass on this information throughout the community.
Sounds cool as long as players aren't forced to RP if they don't want to. I'd suggest Friday, a day when most people aren't busy but also not a weekend where we get the most players on.
I would really enjoy this, the reason I don't play destiny is because of the low population.

(07-26-2016, 10:16 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Sounds cool as long as players aren't forced to RP if they don't want to.

Isn't that the point of doing this though?
(07-26-2016, 10:07 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: Just a head's up to everyone: the admins are debating the establishment of a weekly "Day of Destiny", where we all pile onto the Destiny server and RP to our heart's content. There may or may not be events that the players will have to deal with.

Sounds like a good counterpart to the idea of having a dedicated day out of the month for looser griefing rules

Also, when you say there will be events, does that mean planned campaigns or whatever like in RPG's, or just like, admins are more likely to jump in and run gimmicks as they do normally?

I kinda like the idea of Day of Destiny being a kinda episodic campaign, with a consistent story with updates and consequences from the events from last time.

Like, imagine a story line where the mission in one round is to host a Martian ambassador and their staff and negotiate a treaty. Depending on how it resolves, the next round could have them supporting you against a fight against the syndicate or a full on war against the martian race.
(07-26-2016, 10:30 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I would really enjoy this, the reason I don't play destiny is because of the low population.

(07-26-2016, 10:16 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Sounds cool as long as players aren't forced to RP if they don't want to.

Isn't that the point of doing this though?
I mean like just adding extra incentive to going to the RP server, not just forcing them to the RP server or something.