Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Destiny & RP on Goonstation
Yes please! I would play on Destiny more, but I don't like being the only (non-braindead) onboard.
(07-26-2016, 10:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 10:07 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: Just a head's up to everyone: the admins are debating the establishment of a weekly "Day of Destiny", where we all pile onto the Destiny server and RP to our heart's content. There may or may not be events that the players will have to deal with.

If you're interested, please post, and we can further pass on this information throughout the community.

Sounds like a good counterpart to the idea of having a dedicated day out of the month for looser griefing rules

Also, when you say there will be events, does that mean planned campaigns or whatever like in RPG's, or just like, admins are more likely to jump in and run gimmicks as they do normally?

I kinda like the idea of Day of Destiny being a kinda episodic campaign, with a consistent story with updates and consequences from the events from last time.

Like, imagine a story line where the mission in one round is to host a Martian ambassador and their staff and negotiate a treaty. Depending on how it resolves, the next round could have them supporting you against a fight against the syndicate or a full on war against the martian race.

When I say "server events", I like to imagine them as slightly more serious gimmicks - like Syndicate ambassadors arriving on the station to hash out terms of non-aggression, dealing with distress calls off in the distance (spawned set pieces you could investigate), other things like that.

I think we could whip up a nice little server "campaign", if you folks would like that. We'd need a story that could handle failure / ship destruction, though.

edit: provide ideas for RP events here thanks
Ship failure/destruction can be handwaved by saying that the ship was brought to the dockyards for extensive repairs or was replaced by an identical model ship.
Well i mean you're already roleplaying in server 2, just destiny expects you to do a job and listen to superiors. That's it. You don't have to make a consistant charactar or write a masterful narrative every round, don't even have to be a reasonable person.

You are discouraged from OOC stuff over the radio like game mechanics and whatnot but we have OOC and LOOC on for those, otherwise go nuts.
A dedicated RP day would be awesome. I'll definitely participate if I'm around!
How does Friday afternoon/evening sound to everyone?
(07-26-2016, 12:05 PM)shotgunbill Wrote: How does Friday afternoon/evening sound to everyone?
Sounds fantastic
(07-26-2016, 12:05 PM)shotgunbill Wrote: How does Friday afternoon/evening sound to everyone?

In which timezone?
(07-26-2016, 11:06 AM)shotgunbill Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 10:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 10:07 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: Just a head's up to everyone: the admins are debating the establishment of a weekly "Day of Destiny", where we all pile onto the Destiny server and RP to our heart's content. There may or may not be events that the players will have to deal with.

If you're interested, please post, and we can further pass on this information throughout the community.

Sounds like a good counterpart to the idea of having a dedicated day out of the month for looser griefing rules

Also, when you say there will be events, does that mean planned campaigns or whatever like in RPG's, or just like, admins are more likely to jump in and run gimmicks as they do normally?

I kinda like the idea of Day of Destiny being a kinda episodic campaign, with a consistent story with updates and consequences from the events from last time.

Like, imagine a story line where the mission in one round is to host a Martian ambassador and their staff and negotiate a treaty. Depending on how it resolves, the next round could have them supporting you against a fight against the syndicate or a full on war against the martian race.

When I say "server events", I like to imagine them as slightly more serious gimmicks - like Syndicate ambassadors arriving on the station to hash out terms of non-aggression, dealing with distress calls off in the distance (spawned set pieces you could investigate), other things like that.

I think we could whip up a nice little server "campaign", if you folks would like that. We'd need a story that could handle failure / ship destruction, though.

edit: provide ideas for RP events here thanks

just rip plot ideas from star trek and go from there
(07-26-2016, 10:16 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: Sounds cool as long as players aren't forced to RP if they don't want to. I'd suggest Friday, a day when most people aren't busy but also not a weekend where we get the most players on.
After taking all of your thoughts into consideration, I've thrown together a slipshod episodic campaign to run for Friday. I expect to run the pilot episode (NSS Destiny - Episode One: T – 60 Minutes) at 4:00 PST on Friday, with two semi-related episodes following shortly after.
(07-27-2016, 11:28 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: After taking all of your thoughts into consideration, I've thrown together a slipshod episodic campaign to run for Friday. I expect to run the pilot episode (NSS Destiny - Episode One: T – 60 Minutes) at 4:00 PST on Friday, with two semi-related episodes following shortly after.

I probably won't be able to attend since I'm usually on much later.
Aw man, I missed the first episode!  Right as I decided to get back into the swing of things, too :c

Oh well, maybe I can guest star in episode 2
(08-07-2016, 01:34 AM)BaneOfGiygas Wrote: Aw man, I missed the first episode!