Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickles and vinegar
We have cucumbers, but there is a disturbing lack of pickles.

VINEGAR: On TOUCH, incredibly insignificant amount of brute and maybe melts some random filth off of tiles. If applied to a cucumber, makes it into a pickle instantly for some reason??? (that or you have to put the cucumber in there). On INGEST, I dunno. Apparently it has anti-bacterial properties, maybe it'd be a cure reagent for something. Also good for certain dishes like rice and salt+vinegar potato chips.

PICKLE: What do you think this is. Can be sliced up to get a small stack of pickle slices, a la the slice-able citrus fruits. Good for burgers.
Acetic acid and pickle juice are already in game chemicals.
Grayshift Wrote:Acetic acid and pickle juice are already in game chemicals.

Vinegar would be a mix of acetic acid and water, probably in a 10 unit to 30 unit ratio. and pickle juice is a reagent but turning cucumbers into pickles isnt, which would be amazing.
Everybody loves a good ol' meth-infused pickle.
Cogwerks Wrote:Everybody loves a good ol' meth-infused pickle.
I like the idea of adding other chems to pickle brine to infuse them. I also think it would be nice if pickling was like frying, where most anything could be fried.

And then you could also fry your pickles for double infusions.
Pickled eggs for the bar.

Pickled eyes and brains for medbay.

Pickled butts for the clown.
Drug-pickles. Yes, this is perfect. Would pickling put a green/yellowish overlay on things or like what
Could also make a botany mutation for the cucumber that allows you to grow pickles.
why stop at just pickles

add in brine so you can pickle.....anything!
woah I heard you wanted a good spriter to do this
too bad

[Image: PV6TfaI.png]

[Image: mX3B2MQ.png]

(its a pickling barrel)
So the running idea seems to be: brine/vinegar to pickle whatever, in its own container, allowing you to pickle any object and infuse it with chems that are in the mix a-la the materials + reagents system. Only instead of a nanite shovel, it's a meth pickle.
Nnystyxx Wrote:So the running idea seems to be: brine/vinegar to pickle whatever, in its own container, allowing you to pickle any object and infuse it with chems that are in the mix a-la the materials + reagents system. Only instead of a nanite shovel, it's a meth pickle.

You guys know that flavor injecting is a thing right? You can add any chem to food with a needle.
please god let it work like the fryer so we can make drug-infused, pickled monstrosities
Clown gibbed across the floor?

Guys? We can pickle that.
Dr_Bee Wrote:
Grayshift Wrote:Acetic acid and pickle juice are already in game chemicals.
but turning cucumbers into pickles isnt, which would be amazing.

Put pickles inside burgers for maximum flavor. Grind pickles for pickle relish to make a supreme hot-dog.