Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Sulfadiazine and Strypic Powder in Hyposprays?
So there appears to be some weirdness about how these medical chems work.
As far as the wiki was concerned injecting Silver Sulfadiazine and Strypic Powder causes quite a bit of TOX damage.
However, applying these topical chems with a Hypospray (even in combination with injected chems like Epinephrine) will not cause any TOX damage, while still reducing burn and brute damage respectively.
Yet last time I checked, synthflesh was a no-go for the Hypospray.

So what is dealio? Did Silver Sulfadiazine and Strypic Powder lose their toxicity, as per the current version of the wiki (but somehow not mentioned in the patch notes), or are hyposprays just magical?
Well it's called a Hypospray. It probably sprays on topical meds and hypodermically injects others.
With the synthflesh thing I would imagine that should harm you considering you are injecting flesh directly into someone. Usually that isn't a good thing.
KikiMofo Wrote:With the synthflesh thing I would imagine that should harm you considering you are injecting flesh directly into someone. Usually that isn't a good thing.
But why doesn't that apply to the other 2 chems?
Oh you mean why they don't give tox damage? That could be a bug because it use to damage people with tox a couple months ago.
To activate ingest effects (such as tox damage here), you have to use specific methods. These include eating the substance or using a syringe. Using space magic, hyposprays are designed to bypass all effects and simply place chemicals in the bloodstream without any special effect triggers being activated. In the case of styptic powder this means you dont get an ingest or a touch reaction, so it does literally nothing.
Both silver sulfa and styptic have a large lump sum heal on touch and a minor heal per tick. This heal per tick is why they work when used with a hypo. Since hypos also skip ingest and inject toxicity, it doesn't cause tox damage either.

Synthflesh heals more brute and burn on touch, but doesn't have any heal of time. So when hyposprayed into someone, it does nothing at all.
Firebarrage Wrote:To activate ingest effects (such as tox damage here), you have to use specific methods. These include eating the substance or using a syringe. Using space magic, hyposprays are designed to bypass all effects and simply place chemicals in the bloodstream without any special effect triggers being activated. In the case of styptic powder this means you dont get an ingest or a touch reaction, so it does literally nothing.
this is the key distinction. hyposprays put the chemicals in your bloodstream without triggering touch or ingest reactions
UrsulaMejor Wrote:this is the key distinction. hyposprays put the chemicals in your bloodstream without triggering touch or ingest reactions

I think that ought to be considered a bug and promptly fixed. Hyposprays should work on either a TOUCH or an INGEST basis and not a magic tool that somehow circumvents the effects those would have on certain chemicals.
Winklabom Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:this is the key distinction. hyposprays put the chemicals in your bloodstream without triggering touch or ingest reactions

I think that ought to be considered a bug and promptly fixed. Hyposprays should work on either a TOUCH or an INGEST basis and not a magic tool that somehow circumvents the effects those would have on certain chemicals.

eh I disagree, otherwise the whitelist will just be shortened even more
Yeah, considering how small the whitelist is, it's probably not too much of a stretch that hyposprays were programmed around ensuring the patient received all the positive effects and none of the negative when used. It's not like it's a particularly abusable trick, anyhow.
Roomba Wrote:Yeah, considering how small the whitelist is, it's probably not too much of a stretch that hyposprays were programmed around ensuring the patient received all the positive effects and none of the negative when used. It's not like it's a particularly abusable trick, anyhow.

I really wish certain medical chems were actually on the whitelist. Atropine for example. It would be really useful to load up a hypo with a mix that included a small amount to easily stabilize patients. maybe make it not act like a poison when used in a hypospray?
Might be alittle off topic but can someone confirm that synthflesh still works in spraybottles when sprayed on yourself?
Dr_Bee Wrote:
Roomba Wrote:Yeah, considering how small the whitelist is, it's probably not too much of a stretch that hyposprays were programmed around ensuring the patient received all the positive effects and none of the negative when used. It's not like it's a particularly abusable trick, anyhow.

I really wish certain medical chems were actually on the whitelist. Atropine for example. It would be really useful to load up a hypo with a mix that included a small amount to easily stabilize patients. maybe make it not act like a poison when used in a hypospray?
atropine can cause heart attacks if you don't have one.

you can put epinephrine in a hypospray iirc, use that instead
I dunno if synth flesh inside a fire extinguisher works but I'm pretty sure it did at one point.