Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the clown cars ramming capabilities have been severelynerfed
frown

most of the time you can just push it away and not get ran over by it
I really hope this is a bug cause I see no point in nerfing the clown car to this extreme especially since I've seen admins defend the clown car to death. If this is a nerf then I have to ask WHY?! why did this aspect needed to be nerfed and why was it this extreme and why was it not mentioned in the changelog. Hiding nerfs from us is pointless since we find out about it anyways
It's been sometimes failing to ram people for a long time, possibly you got an unlucky streak with it? Still seriously needs fixing.
Ed Venture Wrote:I really hope this is a bug cause I see no point in nerfing the clown car to this extreme especially since I've seen admins defend the clown car to death. If this is a nerf then I have to ask WHY?! why did this aspect needed to be nerfed and why was it this extreme and why was it not mentioned in the changelog. Hiding nerfs from us is pointless since we find out about it anyways
Chill dude, this bug is present with segways as well. I think someone connected it to people moving into the segway/clown car. That is when people are actively moving into the vehicle they don't get knocked down.
Ed Venture Wrote:I really hope this is a bug cause I see no point in nerfing the clown car to this extreme especially since I've seen admins defend the clown car to death. If this is a nerf then I have to ask WHY?! why did this aspect needed to be nerfed and why was it this extreme and why was it not mentioned in the changelog. Hiding nerfs from us is pointless since we find out about it anyways

Tinfoil hat

#1 grandpa

It's a bug, dude. Someone will roll around to fix it.
I take my clowning business super serious hahaha
IIRC you have to be constantly holding the direction key of where you're going or else you will just stop once you move in to a tile adjacent to a person.
Walrus Wrote:IIRC you have to be constantly holding the direction key of where you're going or else you will just stop once you move in to a tile adjacent to a person.

Huff H Law Wrote:
Chill dude, this bug is present with segways as well. I think someone connected it to people moving into the segway/clown car. That is when people are actively moving into the vehicle they don't get knocked down.

These combined. If you hold the button down, it actively recognizes you are moving, so you can run into people rather than just being bumped as if you were staying still.

Seems like it has something to do with the way the auto-movement works.
Sort of. It only checked if the clown car bumps into you, but not if you bump into the clown car.

In practice these two things are very similar but it could lead to strangeness, so I've fixed the issue now. The clown car is a lot more reliable and I'm sure a good clown driver could perform horrifying feats with it.