Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make macro and microbombs invisible and unremovable
They are completely useless because EVERYONE will go supercop, scan you, and spam the scalpel "just in case he has a bomb", making it a waste of TCs. The bomb is completely and utterly useless as long as its completely visible on medscanners and removable with a table and scalpel.
This seems kneejerky as all hell, to be honest. I've been blown up by and blown people up with micro/macrobomb implants. I genuinely don't think supercopping is that big of a problem with them.
I have literally never seen this happen before, not even to nukeops
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:completely visible on medscanners

It isn't.
I've never had anyone check me for microbombs, atleast not on purpose. Sometimes they check me for a mindslave implant and find a microbomb implant by mistake
The people who happened to be proactive enough to cut out any implants you had on you ≠ "EVERYONE"
As a frequent Sec player, I only bother removing implants if I know they are there i.e. Nuke Ops I arrest. or really obvious antags that try to taunt me into beating them to death.

Anyway, I've always thought microbombs were for left over telecrystals then a plan in and of themself.

If you're just trying to get people to kill you to blow up, eat some poison ahead of time.
Yeah. I'll echo the others. I don't think I've even seen one removed from somebody. Even when it's known somebody has one it's generally more like "Stand back! It's time to... RELEASE THE ASSISTANTS!" --20 seconds later-- *boom*. "Job well done everyone! Let's go grab some drinks!"
I saw someone look for a microbomb specifically earlier today, but that was literally the only time I've seen that happen.

if you use a micro bomb, have a suicide option. derringers are good for that
Only time I've ever had an implant cut out was when I was hit by another traitor and the doc was trying to fix me up. Whoops.

Actually happened as a mindslave too. Awkward.

That said, I don't think they need changing.
Not only are micro/macrobombs and mindslave implants not detectable by using a health scanner, but being searched for implants is a rare thing in and out of itself.

I feel like the OP had a nasty experience with a spiteful crew member just a few minutes prior to creating this thread.
This happened to you because you were laughing and ok with being killed. Not to mention there were several people around you so it seemed rather sane to check for an implant before letting you die. This seems like a complete kneejerk reaction to something that rarely ever happens
Winklabom Wrote:Not only are micro/macrobombs and mindslave implants not detectable by using a health scanner, but being searched for implants is a rare thing in and out of itself.

I feel like the OP had a nasty experience with a spiteful crew member just a few minutes prior to creating this thread.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this was the same guy I had called for checking for implants
Somepotato Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:Not only are micro/macrobombs and mindslave implants not detectable by using a health scanner, but being searched for implants is a rare thing in and out of itself.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this was the same guy I had called for checking for implants
This was indeed kneejerk, guess I should close this. Or, ya know, an admin should. Because I can't.
Requiescant in pace.