Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mutadone should make the changeling trip fucking balls
Changeling is a horrible blob of constantly self-rewriting DNA. Mutadone attempts to remove harmful mutations. Seems like it should do SOMETHING funny!

By "trip fucking balls" I mean like LSD or space drugs or whatever.
This would give a new way to check for changelings.

"Alright, I'm going to inject you with this, then I need you to walk in a straight line"

Incidences in which this would cause hilarity:
The person is already high
The injection wasn't actually mutadone, it's a framing
Both of the above
Literally always
This would be awesome. Especially if there were a traitor item that makes people test positive for being a changeling upon injection.
This is a good idea.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:This would be awesome. Especially if there were a traitor item that makes people test positive for being a changeling upon injection.
I recall doing this once with a blood orange.

Fill syringe with 5u of blood orange 'juice', then gather a testing group. Draw 5u of blood from the person you want dead and use a testing method; I prefer vodka, myself. *scream, tase, crush. You are now a hero for murdering your target! v

Anyways. I like the idea. To what degree would the high-ness be? Stumbling? Mumbling? Grumbling? Fumbling? Tumbling? Bumbling? Dumbling? The last one's a word 'cause I said so.
Vitatroll Wrote:...and use a testing method; I prefer vodka, myself.
Wait, there are testing methods other than heating the blood?
Mageziya Wrote:
Vitatroll Wrote:...and use a testing method; I prefer vodka, myself.
Wait, there are testing methods other than heating the blood?
[Image: 15fc061c4f.png]

What's better is that, provided you're still alive, it makes a wonderful refresher after successfully mobbing a ling.
That's it, next time I'm a ling I'm going to offer my blood to the bartender (just kidding, I'll eat him and take his job)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:That's it, next time I'm a ling I'm going to offer my blood to the bartender (just kidding, I'll eat him and take his job)
Pass out Bloody Scary to all customers. Eat those who actually get it.
While I agree that this is hilarious and makes sense from a logical standpoint, I'm gonna be the stick in the mud here and say that this sort of dicks with things balancing-wise. Mutadone is a lot easier to put into someone than it is to take out someone's blood and then test to see if it does weird shit, especially when you consider the mutadone darts the MD and armory have. While the changeling has multiple ways to avoid getting outed during a blood test, there's very little a changeling can do to avoid getting outed via getting shot with a mutadone dart without outing themselves in the process anyways.
I haven't played ling in a little bit but IIRC they were nerfed pretty roughly recently

I do remember getting stung by another ling as a ling and they managed to absorb me-- thats one thing I wish was impossible(how can you suffocate a ling that can breathe in space? its obvious they don't need o2 in their blood to reach the brain); interling collaboration would be great and I believe this used to be a thing.
Somepotato Wrote:(how can you suffocate a ling that can breathe in space? its obvious they don't need o2 in their blood to reach the brain); interling collaboration would be great and I believe this used to be a thing.

I have to agree this is some bullshit logic that has ruined plenty of changeling rounds for me.
Somepotato Wrote:I haven't played ling in a little bit but IIRC they were nerfed pretty roughly recently
Well, acid spit is no longer an insta-KO but instead functions like long-range fluorosulfuric acid. Furthermore, changelings were previously changed so that it was impossible to kill them solely through burn/brute damage, but then that got changed back.

On the flipside, headspiders actually work now.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:While I agree that this is hilarious and makes sense from a logical standpoint, I'm gonna be the stick in the mud here and say that this sort of dicks with things balancing-wise. Mutadone is a lot easier to put into someone than it is to take out someone's blood and then test to see if it does weird shit, especially when you consider the mutadone darts the MD and armory have. While the changeling has multiple ways to avoid getting outed during a blood test, there's very little a changeling can do to avoid getting outed via getting shot with a mutadone dart without outing themselves in the process anyways.

I didn't think the idea was about outing lings; just making them trip balls. That is, outwardly fine, inwardly like a Schepperd animation. The whole -ling thing was just schtick.

When it comes to choking a ling out. Well, they do bleed. I guess they have to circulate... something? I haven't been bothered by the choking out thing. Post nerf I wouldn't mind them going horror form while unconscious, so maybe that could would even things out? I don't know, I'm tired. I probably don't make much sense.
Anyhow, yeah, mutadone making changelings trip balls wouldn't necessarily give them away, depending on the symptoms of the tripping. It'd be interesting if it -could- give them away, but that might be dumb.