Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of body hallucinations
This is an idea I had which could be applied as an effect or property of a drug or chemical.
If you were to have taken space drugs for example, on a random cycle your game may continue to look the same if you are moving in your client, however serverside and to other people's clients, you are stationary and your movement keys have you facing whichever way you think you are moving towards on the client, before snapping back to reality.

So it would look something like this on the server as the player tries to move in client while under the effect
[Image: d9o1YCL.gif]

But the actual player thinks and sees that he is still moving around for a few seconds each time the effect cycles and then returns to where he was when it activated and people have just witnessed him spacing out as if thinking he's moving inside his own mind
From the title I thought this would be like temporarily becoming a ghost, but this seems more interesting. I could see some sort of poison-bottle type chem used for kidnapping, but I'm trying to think of what advantage this would have over the other knock-out/paralyze chems the game has. The only thing I can think of is if you want someone to never be aware they were kidnapped, so you can then implant them with something like a microbomb or do other weird and diabolical surgery that the victim would ultimately never be aware of.

The big question with all of this though is how difficult this would be for the coders to make. It seems like a lot of work for a little reward.