Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have the clown's clumsiness mutation cause you not to trip
in clown shoes of course

i think its fair since with clumsiness you have a chance to pretty much kill yourself on accident while interacting with things

i recall once i sliced my own arm off once by mistake while disabling an e-sword
Running the risk of accidentally killing yourself when trying to use pointy objects and/or unpeeled bananas comes with the territory of being a clown, and is arguably the clown's entire purpose. You don the mask, you face the consequences.
The clown is supposed to be a punishment position, when playing clown you have to consider that you chose to play the one job that's designed to be as frustrating as possible. As such I don't think anyone will make life easier for clowns.
I'm fine with occasional trips, but sometimes you can have like, 5 falls within a few steps from each other. I think there's a difference between the minor frustrations expected of the job that make it fun and challenging, and frustrations that make you just want to quit.

I'd be happier if there was some kind of thing where you're guaranteed not to trip more than once or twice in the journey from one side of the station to the other. Like, a step counter until you become eligible to trip again?

Or, if the trips were more comedic. Holding a gun? Your chance of tripping increases.
Yeah everything else about the clown is fun but I've always hated the tripping in general. It transcends comedic punishment and lands squarely in annoying. It's funny sometimes though, so it'd be cool if clown shoes had a toggle or something.
babayetu83 Wrote:i recall once i sliced my own arm off once by mistake while disabling an e-sword
That is darn right hilarious

Hufflaw Wrote:when playing clown you have to consider that you chose to play the one job that's designed to be as frustrating as possible

I feel like I frustrate people as a clown more then it frustrates me

Frank_Stein Wrote:I'm fine with occasional trips, but sometimes you can have like, 5 falls within a few steps from each other. I think there's a difference between the minor frustrations expected of the job that make it fun and challenging, and frustrations that make you just want to quit.

I'd be happier if there was some kind of thing where you're guaranteed not to trip more than once or twice in the journey from one side of the station to the other. Like, a step counter until you become eligible to trip again?

Or, if the trips were more comedic. Holding a gun? Your chance of tripping increases.

Klayboxx Wrote:Yeah everything else about the clown is fun but I've always hated the tripping in general. It transcends comedic punishment and lands squarely in annoying. It's funny sometimes though, so it'd be cool if clown shoes had a toggle or something.

Wear a hat. Seriously tripping becomes 90% less annoying if you wear a hat as you only stay on the floor for a few seconds.
I had it out for clown suffocation, but that was from seeing clowns use breath masks round after round. The tripping doesn't outright kill you. I'm more inclined to wish for penalties against those who have equipped not their regalia and accoutrements than relief for those who have.

Every clown needs a hat, and every good clown has some form of stamina boost. My preference is meth. Methclown is the SS13 version of a drunken fist practitioner.
something to balance this idea

have the clown conveniently have clown-shoe sized feet to help prevent tripping

and as for wearing non-clown shoes

let's just say that it would be extremely painful
Yeah, I'm seeing "the clown is a punishment job" as a less and less valid argument for every one of these threads that's made.
Tbh soon enough, joining at roundstart as a clown will instantly remove all of your limbs and put you into crit, because it's a punishment position.

In all seriousness, the tripping is annoying and the clown having clown shoe sized feet that cripple him in anything other than his specialty shoes would be funny.
babayetu83 Wrote:something to balance this idea

I like this. Reduced tripping with clown shoes, lots of tripping without em
Have them act as banana galoshes
Frank_Stein Wrote:

I also like this idea. Seeing as fake clowns annoy me and they should not escape tripping
Frank_Stein Wrote:

Upon further consideration, I second this notion. Should dissuade clowns from soiling the name of their profession by not wearing their shoes.

Also, I'll admit that I haven't played clown very much recently so I dunno if the trip chances were recently upped or something. It never seemed that bad from my observations, hence my initial reaction to the thread.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:

Upon further consideration, I second this notion. Should dissuade clowns from soiling the name of their profession by not wearing their shoes.

Also, I'll admit that I haven't played clown very much recently so I dunno if the trip chances were recently upped or something. It never seemed that bad from my observations, hence my initial reaction to the thread.
half the current rate of tripping if you're wearing clown shoes or no shoes, double the current rate for wearing non clown shoes
Vitatroll Wrote:The tripping doesn't outright kill you.

If you're trying to do anything remotely funny it gets you beaten to death