Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The blob can get a "Die a glorious death" objective
The idea of a blob somehow needing to grow and force a shuttle call, then somehow be killed afterward without going below 500 tiles, strikes me as a little cruel as far as objectives go. It's not like blobs can suicide!
Clearly the answer is to give very large, very powerful blobs the ability to suicide explosively, with explosion power scaling to the blob's size
Paineframe Wrote:Clearly the answer is to give very large, very powerful blobs the ability to suicide explosively, with explosion power scaling to the blob's size
Yes
KikiMofo Wrote:
Paineframe Wrote:Clearly the answer is to give very large, very powerful blobs the ability to suicide explosively, with explosion power scaling to the blob's size
Yes
Fuck, I meant to add something to that. You could make this explosion require some sort of fuel, either absorbed plasma, gunpowder, erebite, etcetera. The baseline is already there for blobs absorbing chems, yeah?
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Fuck, I meant to add something to that. You could make this explosion require some sort of fuel, either absorbed plasma, gunpowder, erebite, etcetera. The baseline is already there for blobs absorbing chems, yeah?
absorbing things requires a mutation, and you might not have the evo points to spare depending on the crew situation. you shouldn't be forced into taking certain options by your objectives
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Fuck, I meant to add something to that. You could make this explosion require some sort of fuel, either absorbed plasma, gunpowder, erebite, etcetera. The baseline is already there for blobs absorbing chems, yeah?
absorbing things requires a mutation, and you might not have the evo points to spare depending on the crew situation. you shouldn't be forced into taking certain options by your objectives
Fair enough. Could still say that you'd just have to have some fuel source on a tile in you, and exploding yourself would then suck it up for you, but I feel like that would lead to people immediately removing all types of explosive fuel the moment they hear of a blob, so bin my idea in full.
this was either fixed or never possible