Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insane Asylum Ghost
The ghost called '? ? ? ?' in the Insane Asylum is way too difficult to attack. It can easily hit you without giving you much time to move and it kills you in one hit. I believe the attack should be nerfed a tiny bit, as you don't have much time to move before you die.
I thought that was the point. Can you even attack it? I figured it was like the butcher, which IIRC isn't an actual mob or something. I mean, it only ques up when you enter certain rooms. Some of which are obvious bait rooms, like the one with crank.

If you CAN attack it, then it just means invoking it then standing in an area where you can react with a weapon ready. Getting to choose the time and place of a confrontation is pretty powerful.
Was that a Halloween thing or a dedicated zlevel?

I kind of like the idea that there's a dedicated zlevel that came straight out of every horror film.
edit: Cause there's no edit button

Instead of letting people evade or kill the ghost, why not have a puzzle solution that nerds can figure out to get rid of the ghost for that round.

Just set it up so that it probably requires a few dudes die along the way in room triggered deaths.
I dunno, I've seen multiple people successfully evade the murderghost. It isn't the most difficult thing in the world to outrun, especially since its pathfinding is absolute garbage. v
My only issue is that its too easy to die from it. Merely touching it kills you removes you from the game. I guess I need to figure a better way at avoiding the ghost.
IIRC there were only four rooms to avoid, and there's no real reason that I know of to go into those rooms. On a side note, I can't decide whether the gurney, the well, or the ghost is the winner here.

Who am I kidding. The tubs, man. It's all about the tubs.
Hulk Hogan Wrote:My only issue is that its too easy to die from it. Merely touching it kills you removes you from the game. I guess I need to figure a better way at avoiding the ghost.
In a game filled with things what immediately and irrevocably kill you, adding another item to the list doesn't really amount to much.
Would it be possible to add some kind of spooky panic sound when it appears, slasher movie style?
This game is like the Tomb of Horrors. You -will- die. A lot. The fact of the matter is, you technically could've prevented each and every death in some way or another. It is incredibly brutally fair....and that's why it is so fun!