Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autotranslator mask item
Idea: a new item, an autotranslator, which would fit in the mask slot. It'd essentially negate any speech modifications that a person has, including sweedishness, being a martian, or even a monkey. The roboticists would be able to manufacture it, I guess?

I don't think it'd be out of place, similar to auditory headsets, visor goggles and prescription glasses. It wouldn't be too effective/overpowered due to it being unuseable as an oxygen/gas mask.
Allow it to be emagged to make it impossible to speak with.

Also does it translate drunk?
atomic1fire Wrote:Allow it to be emagged to make it impossible to speak with.
Emagging it should make the users speech sound as though they're drunk and have every Frontal Gyrus Alteration (aside from those that completely remove your speech, or replace your words entirely.) In theory the wearer could still be understood, but listeners would have to make a dedicated effort to decode their drunk, swedish, backwards, quiet, happy, funky, comic sans chav-speech.
I'd like for this to be a thing. I was wondering whether you should be able to print it or not, but not being able to wear a breath/gas mask is means one less storage space and more vulnerability.
I could see this being something you'd have to buy from a merchant shuttle for a few thousand credits.
How about making it a PDA cart program?
I'm cool with this if it works on ANY language change. Swedish, drunk, monkey, whatever. It just translates to English and allows you to understand it.