Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wizard Revamp 2.0 (WIP) (Extremely Rough Draft)
Everyone else was posting wizard threads, so I thought it was a time to dig up my old idea again.
Here's the piratepad for my idea, i know you guys are gonna be dicks with it but that's fine I guess, maybe we'll still get something out of it:

http://piratepad.net/svOse9yc8v
use it to suggest spell ideas and junk

Wizard Revamp v2.0

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
I. Cantrips
II. Leveling Up
III. Wish
IV. Additional Material

I. CANTRIPS

----1) The Meter
--------a) the meter starts at a base 50 with regen rate 1/s
--------b) the wizard hat and robes each add 25 to max power
--------c) the wizard staff adds 1/s to regen rate
--------d) if you've ever played a game like Diablo with a mana meter this is basically the same exact thing

----2) The Cantrips
--------a) All "free" spells we currently have are cantrips
--------b) There are 5 groups of cantrips
--------c) at spawn, you pick 1 to specialize in and 2 to drop
--------d) you pick one of each group you didn't drop, 1 extra from specialty
--------e) leaves tons of room to adapt the wizard spell lineup with cool little shit that might not be worth spending a whole spell point under the old system
--------f) this allows much easier theming / diversity in wizards and provides a framework for balancing ideas

----3) The Groups (THIS LIST OF SPELLS IS NOWHERE NEAR COMPLETE)
--------a) Evocation (Damage/missile )
------------ i. Magic Missile (10 points)
----------------- you switch to "gun mode", where each left click shoots a missile that acts like the target was pushed over and deals 5 damage. fires like a pistol, each shot costs 10 points. (pgdown to exit mode quickly)
------------ ii. Spark (30 points)
----------------- you fire a bolt of charged lightning that works like a VERY weak power gloves. Stuns like power gloves on solar power only, deals ~20 damage?
------------iii. Prismatic Spray (25 points)
----------------- you fire seven bolts that automatically home in on different targets, turns them a random color, and blinds them partially like a pie to the face
--------b) Transportation (travel spells)
------------i. Mist Form (10/s points)
----------------- just like old spell, but a toggle
------------ii. Ride The Lightning (50 points)
----------------- teleport to a clicked point, draw a line of lightning to it that damages people in the way
------------iii. Spark Transmission (5/s points)
----------------- like a voltron
------------iv. Warp (10 points)
----------------- teleport randomly
--------c) Divination (tracking/locating spells)
------------i. Clairvoyance (40 points)
----------------- Works just like it does now, instantly locates a human's exact location
------------ii. Locate Person (5/second points)
----------------- Works sorta like an ID tracker. When you turn it on, you select a person and you get a pinpointer display that points you toward where that person is.
------------iii. Locate Object (3/second points)
----------------- Points toward the nearest heirloom object for you to steal and transmute.
--------d) Transmutation (aids with materials stuff below, turn stuff into other )
------------i. Forcewall(20 points)
----------------- works just like those force wall generating handhelds. spawns a random 1-5 size wall where you click (must be adjacent tile)
------------ii. Knock (30 points)
----------------- works like current knock
--------e) Illusion (obvious)
------------i. Doppelganger (20 points)
----------------- spawns a cloud of smoke and a fake
------------ii. Darkness (15 points)
----------------- Same as current blind, but longer and sans stun

----4) Main Spells
--------a) If a spell is too powerful to be a cantrip, it's a main spell
--------b) you get 3 main spells, for a total of 7
--------c) they work exactly like they currently do
--------d) e.g. fireball, shocking grasp, clown's

II. LEVELING UP
The wizard's goal is shifted from killing a certain set of targets to gaining arcane power through leveling up. I'm not exactly sure how I want levelling up to go down; given the small number of people on station most rounds, I don't think it should be tied directly to killing people. However, killing people should obviously be a major component. Willing to take suggestions on this point

Level 0: (Start Here)
Level 1: +1/s regen rate
Level 2: +5 maximum spellpower
Level 3: +2/s regen rate, Cantrip
Level 4: +10 maximum spellpower
Level 5: +3/s regen rate
Level 6: +15 maximum spellpower, Cantrip
Level 7: +4/s regen rate
Level 8: +20 maximum spellpower
Level 9: +5/s regen rate, Main Spell
Level 10: WISH

III. WISH
Instead of automatically winning once the targets are killed, or winning once the shuttle arrives at centcom, the goal of the wizard is to gain enough power to cast the almighty WISH spell. Once the wizard has acquired the spell, he may select from the following:

"I WISH TO...."
Destroy Utterly: A fast option for those who don't like to show off. the stars turn to flames and the sad buddy appears, instant game over.
Tear Reality: Summon and possess at medium speed a singularity
Become All Powerful: Become the Macho Man
Be The Richest Alive: Meteors resprited as gold bars assault the station
Gain My Dad's Respect: A giant janitor buffers the station flat
Be loved absolutely: Everyone still alive on the station becomes your mindslave for you to command
Become an undead lord: All dead spirits become Wraiths with the objective to serve your interests
Be the most powerful wizard ever: Your cantrip meter is locked at full and all your cooldowns go to zero
Be an admin: You get spammed with fake adminhelps until the round ends and gain the gibself command

IV. ADDITIONAL MATERIAL I LIKED FROM THE PREVIOUS THREAD:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4145&start=15#p56479
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4145&start=30#p56530
http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.5lrA...Q/rev.6792

Here is the first piratepad where Sundance, Haine, Pizza, Robert (I think it was pizza and Robert in there with us) and I had the first wizard talk.
I thought this looked familiar. 100% in favor of fleshing this out. There's just something right about wizards having D&D and gaming vibes attached.
Quote:Become All Powerful: Become the Macho Man
Yes please.
Hulk Hogan Wrote:
Quote:Become All Powerful: Become the Macho Man
Yes please.
sadly, the disaster summoning and macho man endings are pretty much not happening.
I love these ideas and would love to see them implemented