Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprinkler System
Much like the emergency repressurisation systems Cog's working on for Muncher, I think we should have room-specific sprinklers for fires. They should only be in key areas, though. (maybe they need to be set up by the AI?)

- Medbay
- Bar
- Bridge
- Brig
- Toxins
- Arrival/Escape Shuttles
- A specific type for the Engine Room

They should be like wall-mounted showerheads, filled with Firefighting Foam and Water, with a 1000 unit capacity. However, this of course means that they could be scanned and reproduced by an Electrician, or hacked and filled with Swedium and Synthetic Flesh. A rogue AI could also use them to start fucking with a crew, or even to extinguish a dangerously over-heated Engine room or to cull a traitor bomber's plans in Toxins.

or to slip the captain up in the brig mid-arrest
or to make the bar party more hilarious
I've put a bunch of showerheads around my map for ya. There's one in chemistry, one at the entrance to the research sector, and I might put another one near the engine. They aren't really proper sprinklers yet, they're more like lab safety emergency showers.
That sounds like a pretty neat startup, definitely. I'd love to see one specifically full only with firefighting foam, maybe sprited to look like a floor sprinkler (which exists maybe??) so you could slap it on the bridge without it runining RP immersion about showerheads outside the captain's room.
Honestly I don't think they're really needed in many places. Fires already kinda suck and there are more than enough fire extinguishers around.
To be perfectly honest, I feel that this would be unnecessary. Maybe it could be useful for the engine, I don't know enough about it to be sure though. I mean, fire's aren't usually a huge problem since they can only travel so far before a fire door activates. But I do think it would be funny to let them spray water so that the AI could trip people to mess with them.
kyle2143 Wrote:the AI could trip people to mess with them.

Please let the AI and cyborgs turn these showerheads on/off. if they are linked to the fire system, it makes sense!
Having a suppression system set up in Toxin Mixing wouldn't be such a bad idea. Even when people aren't being malicious that place is on fire 50% of the time. Maybe machines you could load with firefighting foam that would smoke it at the press of a button on the wall.
A suppression system would be nice but how effective would it be? I mean a raging toxins consumes toxins how long would it be able to hold?. Even if it does work it should only last long enough to get out because it wouldn't be fun.
The toxin fire suppression system should seal the area shut and flood the room with Nitrogen and CO2
wow I sounded like a dick, sorry people.The nitrogen thing could be interesting, but I haven't been on goon long enough too see what it does inhaling. If its like D2k5 than medbay should get alot more kelotane...fast.