Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A not so serious wizard thread
Wizard needs even more comedy spells to set it apart from the other antags

Deep fry: deep frys all items (including tasers, batons, and jumpsuits) within an x tile radius, making them unusable. suddenly the lynch mob that's been trying to kill you is naked, barefoot, disarmed, and surrounded with unhealthy food! Caution: removes cluwne clothing (but fried cluwne clothing contains painbow fluid!)

Knock 2.0: Instead of emagging doors open, it turns them into unlocked wooden doors. Can also turn cyborgs into inferior wooden borgs like that futurama episode

Summon space goose: has a chance to attack the wizard instead of the crew. Fiendish

Anima: the anima reagent-brings inanimate objects to life.. Cooldown depends on the size/weight of the last object animated.

flapthen's secret: creates a flock of parrots...with radio headsets. They repeat spaceman phrases and make it hard for the crew to communicate. Parrot squawks "Wiznerd in armory!"

Dance magic: Removes the wizard's one weakness and forces everyone else to dance as well. Has a chance to destroy shoes. And sever legs.

Winged monkey: turns any monkey into a flying henchman for the wizard.

body swap: swaps the bodies of two random victims like a saturday morning cartoon. Cue arguments about which victim is the real captain.

chemfart: allows you to eat any reagent without it entering your bloodstream. Fart to release it as smoke! The downside is you aren't affected by stimulants or medicine either.

Magikoopa spell: Turns inanimate objects into critters. common object become harmless critters but you can turn the nuclear upload disk into a queen ice spider!
A spell that makes the target look like a wizard, and the wizard look like the target.

A spell that turns fired projectiles (Bullets, lasers, tasers bolts, etc.) into pies and tomatoes when they come within range of the wizard

A spell that lets you rename objects and people
What I posted in the other thread:
Zadeon Wrote:Got some ideas:
Pyromaniac:
Causes all light bulbs in the area to spawn lasers and all lights to spew fire. The wizard isn't immune to the fire and lasers.

Salesman:
Equips the entire crew with cheaply made sunglasses that can't be removed by the wearer. These glasses CAUSE eye damage when flashed instead of protecting from flashes. Gives the wizard a cool pair of good sunglasses. One use spell only.
OR (if that's too op):
Equips all crew members with the sunglasses within the Wizard's view. Can be used multiple times.

Jungle Fever:
Causes all monkeys and critters in the wizard's range to go bat-shit insane and attack everyone (including the wizard).

Mirror World:
Causes everyone around the wizard to have reversed controls and speak backwards for a short time. Hands would also be reversed (clicking/using your left hand would activate your right and vice versa).

Some of these are ideas some others and I came up with for a Guitar Wizard. There's a big list of spells for it that could be applied here. Ask me if you want to see the list.
I going to be honest here......These ideas are badass but i feel like most of them would only work for my scroll Idea

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1408&p=66245&hilit=scrolls#p66245

Arch-wizard for the win
I love all the ideas, in this thread, however, some of them may need some balance changes:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Deep fry: deep frys all items (including tasers, batons, and jumpsuits) within an x tile radius, making them unusable. suddenly the lynch mob that's been trying to kill you is naked, barefoot, disarmed, and surrounded with unhealthy food! Caution: removes cluwne clothing (but fried cluwne clothing contains painbow fluid!)
If this were to only affect one tile, but deep fry everything on the tile (including worn items) it would be on par with shocking grasp/cluwning, and hilarious to boot.

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:flapthen's secret: creates a flock of parrots...with radio headsets. They repeat spaceman phrases and make it hard for the crew to communicate. Parrot squawks "Wiznerd in armory!"
For everyone's sake, it would probably be best if the flock of parrots wasn't permanent, maybe they could be temporary, but hostile to non-wizards, albeit with somewhat low damage.

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:body swap: swaps the bodies of two random victims like a saturday morning cartoon. Cue arguments about which victim is the real captain.
Out of all of them, this one is my favorite because of the kinds of shenanigans it would result in. If any of the spells gets added, I hope it's this one.

VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Magikoopa spell: Turns inanimate objects into critters. common object become harmless critters but you can turn the nuclear upload disk into a queen ice spider!
Might need to be buffed to make it more useful. One thing that occurs to me is making items with reagents turn into critters "infused" with that reagent, though then the spell would effectively be the same as the golem spell. Maybe have the damage of the critter be equal to the damage the object does? Alternatively, keep it as is but make it able to transform walls (like it's namesake), so you may not get great minions, but you can wreak havoc on the hull.

Frank_Stein Wrote:A spell that turns fired projectiles (Bullets, lasers, tasers bolts, etc.) into pies and tomatoes when they come within range of the wizard
I think this would work really well if it were a reusable spell that puts down a temporary barrier (probably 3x1 or 5x1?) and any projectile that passed through the barrier becomes a pie/tomato. It would also be cool if the wizard got a certain amount of tiles to place per cast of the spell, and could draw them in whatever shape they wish, though I doubt it would be feasible to code.
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:I think this would work really well if it were a reusable spell that puts down a temporary barrier (probably 3x1 or 5x1?) and any projectile that passed through the barrier becomes a pie/tomato. It would also be cool if the wizard got a certain amount of tiles to place per cast of the spell, and could draw them in whatever shape they wish, though I doubt it would be feasible to code.
Yeah that works. It should have a fairly short cooldown (or low mana cost if that's a thing later) since it's a crappier shield that only transforms projectiles but doesn't stop anyone from using melee or just walking through it and firing at you on the other side.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:I think this would work really well if it were a reusable spell that puts down a temporary barrier (probably 3x1 or 5x1?) and any projectile that passed through the barrier becomes a pie/tomato. It would also be cool if the wizard got a certain amount of tiles to place per cast of the spell, and could draw them in whatever shape they wish, though I doubt it would be feasible to code.
Yeah that works. It should have a fairly short cooldown (or low mana cost if that's a thing later) since it's a crappier shield that only transforms projectiles but doesn't stop anyone from using melee or just walking through it and firing at you on the other side.

I am imagining a hilarious bug that would happen where throwing players through the shields turns them into people pies. Dont let my dream be a dream.
Dr_Bee Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:

I am imagining a hilarious bug that would happen where throwing players through the shields turns them into people pies. Dont let my dream be a dream.
That's how jugglemancy happened, no one thought about what would happen if you threw a person at a juggling clown.

Actually, you know what? Make jugglemancy a wizard spell. I don't care if they're not clowns, I want to see the dark arts return.
Give the wizard a single use spell that lets him make another player his apprentice. The apprentice would get magic missile, phase shift, and one or two random spells and it woudn't be metagamey because most of the time anyone begging to be an apprentice would get murdered by the wizard and the crew.

Who am kidding the apprentice would be a disposable meatshield to buy the real wizard some time.
Rather than an apprentice (which would be stealthy) you turn them into a gremlin-monkey thing to do your bidding, complete with the ability to make them explode at your whim for perceived slights. Naturally it has an insane cooldown.
How about a spell that sprays a shitload of bananna peels everywhere?
Berrik Wrote:How about a spell that sprays a shitload of bananna peels everywhere?

We already have ice shot for that
Frank_Stein Wrote:

I'd imagine that the added shame of being pelted with tomatoes and pies like some kind of awful cartoon comedian would also help balance it out.