Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chemistry request console
Seeing all of the suggestions float around about changing up the research department, I'll just provide a simple quality-of-life idea that might help with cooperation a bit:

Put various Chemistry Request Consoles in places like the pharmacy, botany, the kitchen, and so on so different departments can submit formal requests to Chemistry to make them stuff, then put a console in the research hallways somewhere (I'd suggest in the actual lab but that wouldn't end well) that can be used to view all of the different requests. I think it'd help provide a simple tool that might hopefully help bolster inter-departmental communication.
On that note, Give scientists, Pharmacists and RD PDA notifications whenever someone asks for a chem.

At the very least you could get some people who make medical chems when there's actual requests involved, or respond to a station demand for meth.
I can't see any reason not to do this. I mean, it gives research a purpose on the station, and the only real downside is that it can annoy the scientists, who generally have jack-shit to do anyway.
It'd be nice if you could stick some cash in these consoles as encouragement for them to do their jobs.
Why not just PDA them? That's how cargo's worked since the start of time and everyone seems to be quite satisfied with that.
Anticheese Wrote:It'd be nice if you could stick some cash in these consoles as encouragement for them to do their jobs.
Jobs won't get accomplished if they aren't incentivized. Cash, though largely useless, creates a positive feeling when received for services rendered. A more potent incentive would be some sort of social recognition. A notification of 'Order filled by $name' or something similar, given to the requester, would do well in the absence of currency of actual worth.
I like this idea. Perhaps a bit of a public lobby could be put where the current guard buddy and shower areas are for chem orders and pick up? We should also think about what we should do when Jimmy McAssistant places an order for 100u of sarin. Leave it up to the chemists or RD to deny that i guess. These consoles should also be placed next to a mail chute for fast delivery. I could also see it being annoying if chem fills 20 orders and runs out of beakers. Maybe let them manufacture more at a general manufacturer?