Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional carpet chemical reactions
At the moment, carpet can be made by any scientist that can break into maintenance, or any assistant that can break into chemistry. When mixed with smoke or foam, it leaves a nice floor behind, if a little disturbing due to how its made.

There are other types of nice floor too! Rugs, like the one in the chapel, or space carpet like in the VR suite can only be made using a blueprint construction unit in space.

I reckon that you should be able to make rugs, space carpet and any other number of special floor coatings by combining the existing carpet compound with other simple reagents. Its not much of a game-altering feature, but its always cool to have options.

[Image: 24XWq]

Imagine funky carpet snuck onto the bridge, or the brig when Security isn't looking, or the red carpet treatment in traitorous doom traps.

What would you do with special types of carpet?
Quote:What would you do with special types of carpet?

1. Fill a watering can with 1 unit of AI Blue Floor carpet and 119 units of Smoke Powder
2. Repeat Step 1 for all five watering cans
3. Take Hyperzine
4. Heat watering cans
5. Blind the crew
Weavel Wrote:
Quote:What would you do with special types of carpet?

1. Fill a watering can with 1 unit of AI Blue Floor carpet and 119 units of Smoke Powder
2. Repeat Step 1 for all five watering cans
3. Take Hyperzine
4. Heat watering cans
5. Blind the crew

The AI has carpet? I thought those were silicon tiles!
Yes. this would be so much fun to screw around with.
Anticheese Wrote:[Image: 24XWq]

Whoa is that the VR room from mushroom?
this thread is from Februrary so I guess we were still on shroom at the time? Note my post above still talks about hyperzine and pre-nerf smoke powder

rip useful smoke powder

I'd still love to see this I guess
Why isn't this a thing?

no this isn't here just to bump the thread. What are you talking about?