Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Goonstation Movie Club
His version of Solaris, and also Andrei Rublev, are really good too- especially if you enjoyed the cinematographical elements.
(08-11-2017, 01:04 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: His version of Solaris, and also Andrei Rublev, are really good too- especially if you enjoyed the cinematographical elements.

What a coincidence, almost 6 month old post, that's exactly what we are doing on this, the Xth revival of the goonstation movie club!

[Image: images-w1400.jpg?1432396300]

Andrei Rublev

Andreiv Rublev charts the life of the great icon painter through a turbulent period of 15th Century Russian history, a period marked by endless fighting between rival Princes and by Tatar invasions.

That's right, buddies and pals, we're back at it again, still on our "actually watching good movies" kick which I am sure will disappoint most/all of you! Sunday, sometime next sunday, the 17th of December is when we will watch this classic and masterpiece of 3 hour long cinema!

So come on over to -

[Image: file_82484_1_jackandjillpostersmall.jpg]

JACK AND JILL OH BOY!!!!

There is a type of film so bad that it is actually scary, like seeing those mawkish photographs of sweet little children in Victorian Britain dressed up as angels and realising after a few moments that they are corpses. Adam Sandler's new comedy Jack and Jill is such a film. - Peter Bradshaw reviewing Jack and Jill for The Guardian

That's right, pals, we're gonna kill ourselves visually by watching this shit movie. Is Sunday, 24th of December at 23 PM or 24 PM GMT+1 good for you? If not say something, because boy howdy this movie's gonna suck.

Just like the good old days of The Goonstation Movie Club!!!

edit: Actually I just realized that the 24th is Christmas so uh, I guess Saturday the 23rd or Monday or Tuesday or something? What do you guys think?

Okay let's change it to the 28th of December on a... Thursday, still at the same time of 23 or 24 GMT+1 unless someone has objections. See you in the rabb.it room, friends!

Or if you want to you can suggest a better time or date in the posts below this one!
(12-17-2017, 02:06 PM)Huff H Law Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 01:04 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: His version of Solaris, and also Andrei Rublev, are really good too- especially if you enjoyed the cinematographical elements.

What a coincidence, almost 6 month old post, that's exactly what we are doing on this, the Xth revival of the goonstation movie club!

[Image: images-w1400.jpg?1432396300]

Andrei Rublev

Andreiv Rublev charts the life of the great icon painter through a turbulent period of 15th Century Russian history, a period marked by endless fighting between rival Princes and by Tatar invasions.

That's right, buddies and pals, we're back at it again, still on our "actually watching good movies" kick which I am sure will disappoint most/all of you! Sunday, sometime next sunday, the 17th of December is when we will watch this classic and masterpiece of 3 hour long cinema!

So come on over to -

[Image: file_82484_1_jackandjillpostersmall.jpg]

JACK AND JILL OH BOY!!!!

There is a type of film so bad that it is actually scary, like seeing those mawkish photographs of sweet little children in Victorian Britain dressed up as angels and realising after a few moments that they are corpses. Adam Sandler's new comedy Jack and Jill is such a film. - Peter Bradshaw reviewing Jack and Jill for The Guardian

That's right, pals, we're gonna kill ourselves visually by watching this shit movie. Is Sunday, 24th of December at 23 PM or 24 PM GMT+1 good for you? If not say something, because boy howdy this movie's gonna suck.

Just like the good old days of The Goonstation Movie Club!!!

edit: Actually I just realized that the 24th is Christmas so uh, I guess Saturday the 23rd or Monday or Tuesday or something? What do you guys think?

Okay let's change it to the 28th of December on a... Thursday, still at the same time of 23 or 24 GMT+1 unless someone has objections. See you in the rabb.it room, friends!

Or if you want to you can suggest a better time or date in the posts below this one!

The 28th is my birthday and this is EXACTLY what I deserve.
Hnh, I was planning on giving you the blackest present.
(12-17-2017, 07:33 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Hnh, I was planning on giving you the blackest present.

Dude, my birthday is exactly in between Christmas and New Years, I've gotten the blackest present PLENTY of times. wink
(12-17-2017, 06:52 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: The 28th is my birthday and this is EXACTLY what I deserve.

How poetic, haha. Alas, one of us cannot make it on the 28th, and since he was kind enough to tell this to me (please tell me if the time is inopportune for you - in the thread or IRC or discord or whatever) may I make the suggestion that we watch it on the 29th, same time, instead?

Shout off in the comments if you're against this change, friends!
It's winter in Maine and I live on a damn island, not like I have anything better to do on either day. smile
Alright folks we're starting the Jack and Jill movie in like 5 minutes or whatever, join!

https://lets.rabb.it/886j/WQVaJBRBhJ
that was one of the worst movies i have ever seen
Alright folks, I'm back on my bullshit because of Grifflez. This time we're in for German Expressionist cinema with

[Image: Nosferatuposter.jpg]

[i]Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens [/i]directed by F. W. Murnau

What is it about? It's a weird German expressionist horror film that's basically an unauthorized retelling of Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's a silent, black and white movie, it's weird, and we're gonna watch it sometime this saturday, possibly on like, 6 PM GMT or something since I don't want to stay up 'til midnight anymore. If that's cool with you.

Hope to see you there! 

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.hark.com%2Fimages%2F...al.jpg&f=1]
Alright now I don't know how well this will work, but here is the rabbit room link https://lets.rabb.it/WBYwZ8sziP and you can always just ping me on discord to get me to invite you, we start in about an hour!