Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pills into sleepypens is broken
A little while back chemistry was changed so that you can't dissolve pills into empty beakers. I considered it a bad and pointless implementation of realism, especially considering it's still permissible to dissolve, say, barium into sugar (or anything else provided the beaker isn't empty). If you want to argue that we're mixing powders then consider that we might as well be grinding up the pill.

But the change has also killed inserting pills into sleepypens, and that formerly had a unique message associated with it ("You cram the pill into the pen. Elegant."), and was a very useful way of stretching fun poisons out in proper doses. I can live with the beaker change, but I would very much like to see pen pills restored.

Basically, someone apparently inserted a ugly bit of realism purely for the sake of unfun realism.
I agree that pills should be usable in empty beakers and into sleepypens.
Can't believe that I never thought of shoving pills into sleepy pens, and shame that I've only learned of it when it's been removed.

Honestly, I'd suggest removing the pill dissolution change all together. It doesn't make sense, as mentioned earlier, and it doesn't add anything to chemistry or restrain it beyond annoyance and needless obtuseness.
I would assume most pills on board are capsules containing the powder or liquid of their contents inside of them rather than solidified versions of whatever they're made of, and by that logic you should just be able to open them up and extract the contents.

I'm curious as to what the change was meant to do, balance or realism. If it balanced something fair enough, I haven't been around for a while and therefore can't judge it on that merit, but I don't believe this adds realism.