Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing your name when becoming traitor
poland spring Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Only if it doesn't show your objectives until after you spawn in, since you could easily name yourself after one of your victims and frame/murder them way easier.
I think the game actually prevents you from doing this, so it probably wouldn't be a problem??

What do you mean? The objectives are made as soon as you're chosen as a traitor, and then your man spawns in and at that point the name box would pop up.

Do you mean that it doesn't let people have the exact same name as another person? If so, I didn't know that, but it wouldn't be that hard to make your name nearly identical and still give you an unfair advantage.
The roundstart namechange thing clowns and other such roles get breaks if you talk or move or click something before picking a name. But I always assumed that was intentional and that there's technical limitation forcing it to be the case.
Grek Wrote:The roundstart namechange thing clowns and other such roles get breaks if you talk or move or click something before picking a name. But I always assumed that was intentional and that there's technical limitation forcing it to be the case.
A similar thing happens with the AI. If someone joins and triggers an arrival message before you choose your AI name, it'll use your BYOND username instead. It's probably a technical restriction.