Sovieteer's HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Colin Moriarty
BYOND Username:Sovieteer
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available:

Weekdays: 4-7PM EST
Weekends: 2-9PM EST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

Security nowadays has no real drive. Being experienced in both heavy RP and low RP environments, I can tell what decisions that security can and cannot make based on the environment. With this knowledge, I know I can benefit the Security force greatly aboard Goon. I know this may sound mediocre, but I have no other way of putting it. I’ve been a part of the Goon security teams quite a few times and I believe my methods of both command and dealing with the common criminals of the station can benefit the team as whole greatly (considering they cooperate with my orders and ways). I’ve seen most commanders just grab some gear from the Armory, fit their pod up, and leave immediately into the depths of space. I’m not saying that every head of security does this, but these actions of abuse of their position and their treason against the team as a whole as well as the station has driven me to assemble an application to be eligible for the Head of Security team. As for the application bit (as to why I want to apply), I cannot do much as a simple Security Officer or Detective. As a Head of Security, I have control over the entire Security team and I can correspond with the Command personnel to conduct better operations, enforce tighter regulations upon the station, and make sure criminals are properly placed into the cells and that they serve their time. When it comes to the duties of Officers, I will make sure they do their jobs effectively and that the position that they serve on is not simply abused so they can go around randomly stunning people and placing them into the Port-A-Brig and brigging everyone within sight, as I’ve seen some really crappy officers do in the past.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Security experience is broad, and that’s in a good term. I’ve played on Unbound Travels, Aurora, Aphelion, Prospector, Paradise, Yogstation, and Hippie. Some of these servers have very good Security teams with good regulations that people must follow by and others have the opposite. Being around both environments to which I’ve learned to separate my experiences from. When it comes to an environment of relatively no RP or to heavy RP, I take the experiences from both and place them in the servers I go to. I fully understand the job occupations of Warden, CSI/FT/CI/Detective, Security Officer, Blueshield, and Head of Security. As for this station, I’ve yet to experience what it is like to be a Head of Security because I have not gotten the job opportunity as of yet. Corporate Regulations are virtually universal and each server has a basic rule-set. This is a general thing I’ve observed at my times of being a Security staff member. I will not plead or beg for this application to be accepted, but I will say this: not allowing me to be a Head of Security would be a great disservice to the server as I am probably the formal and better commander overall in the Security field. With confidence, assertiveness and efficiency, shall I get the job done and make sure those damned antagonists will be put to the chopping block and have their heads cut off for treason and terroristic collaboration. As for the officers that abuse their power and say they are above the law, I will rightfully put them in their place – whether that be by brig time or by the end of a whip (which in all reality could be a metal rod used as a switch). All I ask for is that I get the chance to prove my worth to the station.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

The benefits I can see that are in the current Security layout are that the cells are relatively safe from most harm, and that no window leads to space that would normally compromise things. The floor flushers can help clear rooms of prisoners that have served their time, which would save officers time. The Armory is greatly placed, but the fact that there is a way to break in disturbs me, as I wouldn't want my Armory a hot-spot that can be broken into. Everything else is pretty well placed and constructed, overall.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I do not recall any bans (though please inform me if I'm wrong), but there are some notes on my ckey, for sure. During those times, I yelled derogatory terms at people during a nuclear operations game and I was talked to (though in a more-than-needed hostile tone) by an admin. Rest assured, I've learned from these mistakes and will not repeat them. For if I do, I will accept the responsibility, and the punishment.
I can't say that I've ever seen you around the station more than once, and that's a maybe. When I did see you, I don't recall you being in a security position. Now, I play fairly often, so if I don't recall a name, it's somewhat telling. In addition, in your application you state "not allowing me to be a Head of Security would be a great disservice to the server as I am probably the formal and better commander overall in the Security field.", which honestly comes off more as a haughty declaration of elitism than anything else. I noticed you cited an avalanche of other servers, but those don't really have much purpose being mentioned when you then go on to name five different jobs that aren't even present in Gooncode.

It's going to be a no from me, and I suggest you go out, become a bit more active both in the game and out, and build up a reputation of being trustworthy enough for a HoS position.
I have never seen you ever, get some more time on the station and as sec but for now I must say no.
I've never seen you and this application is pure drivel. you are not better than every other head of security

this is subjective but "I'm gonna execute every traitor I catch" is a dumb thing to put in your HoS application
Yeah, gonna say no. Anybody saying that they are the best security on the server and that not making them a head of security is some kind of offense to the server takes the game way too seriously and shouldn't be HoS. I also get very concerned when people start throwing out "Shall" and "Shall not" in some sort of vow to be the super HoS terminator, but that might just be me.
Funny hearing all that, since I play every day for hours on end.
I have seen your key before, however your player name is one that I have never heard of before. Avid players of the game don't seem to know you at all, which is not good for an aspiring HoS. I've said it before ans i'll say it again, exterminating the threat on station with extreme prejudice is neither fun for the crew or the traitor. I'm going to say no just based on this application alone as you seem to have put yourself on quite the high pedestal. As a side note the only terrible HoS I have ever seen was a dude leftover from the T.U.R.D.S. days that managed to slip through the cracks.
Musketman12 Wrote:I have never seen you ever, get some more time on the station and as sec but for now I must say no.

This, i've never seen you around as security.
Yeah I've never seen you in game and this quote here shows me your not ready to be a HOS anyways. Voting No.

Quote:not allowing me to be a Head of Security would be a great disservice to the server
No. As others have stated before, I don't think you have the right mentality for Goon HoS. I could explain to you, but I believe that comes with experience, which it seems you also lack.
What are traitors to you, and why do you feel that they should be executed when caught? Are you sure that you can separate the high RP, hard-line security officer, and fit into a low RP environment, without creating a lot of animosity between you and other players? Finally, what more do you think you can do as a head of security that you cannot do as a normal security officer? A security officer has access to everything in security but the armory, and can lead the team easily.
I've seen your name plenty in OOC but can't recall a single time seeing Colin Moriarty around the station.
I'm sorry, who are you?
69andahalf Wrote:What are traitors to you, and why do you feel that they should be executed when caught? Are you sure that you can separate the high RP, hard-line security officer, and fit into a low RP environment, without creating a lot of animosity between you and other players? Finally, what more do you think you can do as a head of security that you cannot do as a normal security officer? A security officer has access to everything in security but the armory, and can lead the team easily.
I'd be interested to see these answered, as it might give us better insight into your application if we're misinterpreting it.