Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Robots
V12US Wrote:Factbot

Tells amusing and interesting facts about space. Like a light year is a unit of distance, not time.

When e-magged, it tells lies instead.

FACT: FactBot is useless in emergencies.
poland spring Wrote:
V12US Wrote:Factbot

Tells amusing and interesting facts about space. Like a light year is a unit of distance, not time.

When e-magged, it tells lies instead.

FACT: FactBot is useless in emergencies.

I think it would be pretty great if emagged factbot's facts were not just probably lies, but downright psychotic.

FACT: Regicide is an acceptable means to improve your job access. Captain is at their weakest while they are drunk.

FACT: Breaking into Security's Armory is the way to become an official member of security.

FACT: Sulphuric acid makes great heartburn medicine.

FACT: This Station has an paycheck bonus for every other member of the crew that you kill. Make sure to kill your coworkers in order to get rich!
I am not an artist at all.

However I got bored and destroyed a sectron sprite for a factbot proof of concept.

[Image: vJ4SLvr.png]

I tried to sort of modify his head into a gas mask, and give him a tiny blue book of facts, but like I said art is not my trade.
Wirebot
Constructed from: Coil of wire + Crowbar +Toolbox + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Another repair robot, this one knows the standard wiring layout of the ship, and if it detects the wiring is missing in its proximity, it pulls up the floor, repairs the wire, then replaces the tile. It doesn't touch new wiring, it simply repairs the old layout.
Emagged: Removes all wiring, and also steals all the floor tiles.
VendorBot
Constructed from: Sous Chef's hat + Robot arm + Proximity sensor
Function: Picks up a few food items from the kitchen and wanders the halls dispensing them to people. Scans them for poisons.
Emagged: Force feeds random people, doesn't scan for poison, yells obscenity's.
Nevis Wrote:VendorBot
Constructed from: Sous Chef's hat + Robot arm + Proximity sensor
Function: Picks up a few food items from the kitchen and wanders the halls dispensing them to people. Scans them for poisons.
Emagged: Force feeds random people, doesn't scan for poison, yells obscenity's.

Should be able to be programmed to sell food for cash.
Hugbot: Right cyborg arm + Left cyborg arm + proximity sensor + small box + hug the resulting bot

Function: Hugs people occasionally, incites the envy of nearby guardbuddies because it can hug twice as much

Emagged: Offers to hug you but then screams SIKE when you get close
I would suggest that an emagged hugbut should suplex you when it hugs.
I wouldn't suggest that. the emag is currently a very powerful item. I like the idea of emagged bots being rude and annoying, but to give the emag so many death and harm options would be power creep
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Hugbot: Right cyborg arm + Left cyborg arm + proximity sensor + small box + hug the resulting bot

Function: Hugs people occasionally, incites the envy of nearby guardbuddies because it can hug twice as much

Does it inject pure hugs when it hugs you, like bees do?
A_Spoony_Bard Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Hugbot: Right cyborg arm + Left cyborg arm + proximity sensor + small box + hug the resulting bot

Does it inject pure hugs when it hugs you, like bees do?
Bee's don't inject pure hugs into you, the action of hugging anything (Including robuddies) creates pure hugs within you.
Wire Wrote:While these are good ideas, a reminder that we coders basically can't do sprites to save our life so it might be a good idea to make some if you want these implemented.
speak for yourself gosh
(having others make the sprites does help get around the "god I'm too lazy to sprite things right now/I can't make this sprite not look like puke" thing though)

e: you know what might be an idea is some kind of bot for mining that digs
a thing that could, say, dig into things for you
some kind of
minebot
Haine Wrote:
Wire Wrote:While these are good ideas, a reminder that we coders basically can't do sprites to save our life so it might be a good idea to make some if you want these implemented.
speak for yourself gosh
(having others make the sprites does help get around the "god I'm too lazy to sprite things right now/I can't make this sprite not look like puke" thing though)

e: you know what might be an idea is some kind of bot for mining that digs
a thing that could, say, dig into things for you
some kind of
minebot
Bring back digbots 2015.
I want to revive this thread a little. Having played a fair few rounds on Destiny as the roboticist, it's become clear that there aren't nearly as many cyborgs to look after most of the time. While this frees you up to do other things, it also makes the job a little duller. Adding more little robots that could add life to the ship would be a big boon, I think.

I also wanted to share this, as it's related to a robot idea I submitted.
(10-23-2015, 07:38 AM)locusts Wrote: Wirebot
Constructed from: Coil of wire + Crowbar +Toolbox + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Another repair robot, this one knows the standard wiring layout of the ship, and if it detects the wiring is missing in its proximity, it pulls up the floor, repairs the wire, then replaces the tile. It doesn't touch new wiring, it simply repairs the old layout.
Emagged: Removes all wiring, and also steals all the floor tiles.

should have a t-ray scanner in its build recipe