Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Robots
salix_catus Wrote:Briefcase + cyborg arm + top hat + proximity sensor =
Moneybot
Scavanges around for floor cash. Which gets added to it's hoard. If attacked by crew it will cry out on the radio that it is being attacked and the attacker will be set to arrest.
However if you have a head or security id, you can safely unlock the bot and collect the cash.

Emagging the bot will cause it to silenty pickpocket cash off of people.

I like this idea but would to suggest when emagged, it instead requests that passers by dance, and if they use the dance emote it throws stacks of cash at them.
I'm a fan of these sillier robots. Particularly the Jazzbot and the Preacherbot.

I mean, we have a jukebox in the jazz lounge that doesn't work, so why not just make a robot go around doing the same thing?
Jazzbot has got it going on
One last update!

Teabot:
[Image: GvCwsWq.gif]
DMI file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/la8ldwohksjln ... t.dmi?dl=0

Very lazy Biblebot/Preacherbot
[Image: qkgvDld.gif]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grw0wwq5osjgn ... t.dmi?dl=0

And now, for my own robot idea!

What a dingy looking box. It says "Bee Cake Oven - Some assembly required. Made in space Taiwan"
[Image: T377Hl2.gif]

So this is the robot? Looks kinda weird. Let's take it to botany.
[Image: 8vMkSoR.gif]

It's charging at that bee!
[Image: biizxPg.gif]

Uh...
[Image: SYrLIWo.gif]

Oh look, a delicious Bee Cake!
[Image: RLo6Zaj.gif]
DMI file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5fm2gi73qsck ... t.dmi?dl=0

I will be quarantining further sprites in my spriting thread as to not panic the public more than I already have. -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5121

You should also check out Marcus' thread cus he made some sprites too -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5132
Arborinus Wrote:BEE MURDER MACHINE

Frog Gonk
Winklabom Wrote:

Frog Gonk
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:

Frog Gonk

Cost: 12 telecrystals
Factbot

Tells amusing and interesting facts about space. Like a light year is a unit of distance, not time.

When e-magged, it tells lies instead.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
BlackPhoenix Wrote:

Frog Gonk

Cost: 12 telecrystals
It looks like a machine space Nazis would use in their ill-fated crusades against space bees.
Winklabom Wrote:

Frog Gonk
Also, a nice thing to do might be to divide robots for QM deliveries. For example:

Janitor Robot Pack - Cleanbot, Floorbot, Oxybot
Medical Robot Pack - Medibot, Orderlybot, Teabot
Security Robot Pack - Securitron, Panicbot, Brigbot
Hydroponics Robot Pack - Hydrobot/Autogardener, Hivebot, Beerbot
locusts Wrote:Also, a nice thing to do might be to divide robots for QM deliveries. For example:

For the love of god don't make brigbot like those tgstation supercop robots that stun you and drag you all the way to your cell every time you try to hack a door
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
locusts Wrote:Also, a nice thing to do might be to divide robots for QM deliveries. For example:

For the love of god don't make brigbot like those tgstation supercop robots that stun you and drag you all the way to your cell every time you try to hack a door

make brigbot something that just yells at people for doing crimes/blows whistles at them/auto dispenses tickets and fines.
crimes would be breaking windows, littering, hitting people, hacking etc.

emagged makes them dispense random wacky tickets/fines or attack people. maybe their whistle blows constantly w/o any cooldown
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:

i think it'd be nice to have brig bots that drag out prisoners who sentences have expired and gingerly toss them into the exit chute
babayetu83 Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:

i think it'd be nice to have brig bots that drag out prisoners who sentences have expired and gingerly toss them into the exit chute

Yes, this would be much better. And emagging would make them free everyone instantly