Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Robots
I was also working on sprites but I'm pretty lazy
Yes, robots, always. I am always in support of more robots and love these ideas both for function, novelty and general fun.
Hydrobot (robot arm+plant analyzer+watering can+chainsaw):
waters plants for you, automatically harvests seeds, removes dead plants. Will message botanist PDAs if a planter needs to be refilled. MAy also be programmed to load produce into the mail chute or reagent extractor.
emagged:kills all plants except for lasher, radweed, slurrypods, and maneaters. Will attack anyone it sees smoking weed. Can be programmed to mail off exploding tomatos.
Behold, Duelbot! Err, I named the files Sparbot, but whatever
[Image: 0mskgGr.png]
[Image: 98nye6u.gif][Image: mc09X2g.gif]
[Image: PPPYoXH.png]

I humbly request that if added, the emagged version should shout robotic Macho Man quotes

DMI file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3a3t1aul7bsq ... t.dmi?dl=0
Arborinus Wrote:Behold, Duelbot! Err, I named the files Sparbot, but whatever

I humbly request that if added, the emagged version should shout robotic Macho Man quotes

Wow, this looks awesome. I really hope this gets added.
If this is done, then robots need to be made far more responsive, because most of them really... arn't. Cleanbots and floorbots are especially egregrious examples of lazy bot AI.
I like the Duelbot sprite very much and it is a nice feeling to have such a warm reception to my ideas.

Teabot
Constructed from: Mug + Water Bottle + Igniter + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Makes you a nice cup of tea.
Emagged: Makes you a nice cup of scalding hot tea, throws it in your face.

Dogbot/AIBO
Constructed from: ??? (Something dog related that isn't George) + Proximity Sensor + Robot Leg
Function: If given a person to look for, it will give a warning bark if that person passes within its detection range. The person is drawn from the crew list, detection works based on ID card (so if set to detecr John Smith, and Bill Tailor has John Smith's ID on his person, Dogbot will bark at Bill Tailor), and Dogbot can only watch out for one person at a time.
Emagged: Will not stop fucking barking. Likely to be thrown out an airlock as a result.

Hivebot
Constructed from: Empty Bee Egg Carton + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Acts as shelter for Space Bees. Space Bees will go to it to rest and store honey before emerging again to frolic. Sometimes creates new space bee eggs. If clicked, it empties its contents.
Emagged: Converts Space Bees into Space Wasps.
locusts Wrote:Teabot
Constructed from: Mug + Water Bottle + Igniter + Proximity Sensor + Robot Arm
Function: Makes you a nice cup of tea.
Emagged: Makes you a nice cup of scalding hot tea, throws it in your face.
Add a fake mustache and a monocle to the construction for extra flavor
Musketman12 Wrote:
Arborinus Wrote:Behold, Duelbot! Err, I named the files Sparbot, but whatever

Wow, this looks awesome. I really hope this gets added.
One of these ought to start in the gym, with different sparing levels, from a glass jaw push over to punch your head off your shoulders heavy weight.
Teabot needs a huge bicycle wheel in the front and the ability to say random british sounding things

Diskbot: cyborg treads+proximity sensor+thermals+that fukken disk+something from the armory to prevent metagaming
Fast-moving robot that hids the nuclear authentication disk from everyone not wearing a captain's ID. If anyone else gets too close it runs off to another room and hides behind a plant. Syndies have to steal the Captain's ID or corner it to get the disk.

Could also be customized with additional items like a spraybottle or helmet cam (or a chameleon projector to make it disguise as a regular disk for lols)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:say random british sounding things

It would be a real shame if it didn't spout wonkisms when emagged.
Briefcase + cyborg arm + top hat + proximity sensor =
Moneybot
Scavanges around for floor cash. Which gets added to it's hoard. If attacked by crew it will cry out on the radio that it is being attacked and the attacker will be set to arrest.
However if you have a head or security id, you can safely unlock the bot and collect the cash.

Emagging the bot will cause it to silenty pickpocket cash off of people.
Bananabot
Constructed from: Banana + Box + Proximity Sensor + Robot Leg
Function: Attracts and distracts nearby monkeys, occasionally dispensing a banana. Monkeys will swarm to Bananabot, and will ignore attacks on other monkeys, though will still fight back if attacked themselves.
Emagged: Incites nearby monkeys to riot.
Bullybot
Constructed from: ?? + Proximity Sensor + Robot arm
Function: Points at players in line of sight and says mildly insulting things such as (player) is a nerd! etc..
Emagged: Picks someone in line of sight, knocks them over, farts on them, then insults them.
Nubcake Wrote:Bullybot
Constructed from: ?? + Proximity Sensor + Robot arm
Function: Points at players in line of sight and says mildly insulting things such as (player) is a nerd! etc..
Emagged: Picks someone in line of sight, knocks them over, farts on them, then insults them.
A football for the extra item? To go for the jock thing?