Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fat people should be able to plug hull breaches by standing
on them, at the cost of cold damage (but not oxy, because your fat ass is plugging the hole).
i made this

[Image: AWlDbSj.png]

[Image: d9S3dT3.png]
step 1: Humanize monkeys
step 2: give them obesity
step 3: plug holes all over station

It's like metal foam that sweats and farts!
this idea is what dreams are made of
Arborinus Wrote:i made this

[Image: AWlDbSj.png]

[Image: d9S3dT3.png]

Haha, wow.

Those breached floors are actually better than just perfectly square holes leading to space. get in not go out
How is this (and hull breach floors) not a thing yet?
Bumpe
yesse
Love this idea
This thread was actually inspired by a short Robert Heinlein story where a hull breach is indeed sealed by a fat guy sitting on it until rescue can arrive.
great idea!
(04-30-2019, 04:17 AM)Berrik Wrote: This thread was actually inspired by a short Robert Heinlein story where a hull breach is indeed sealed by a fat guy sitting on it until rescue can arrive.

I know that Farmer in the sky had a guy using his scout uniform to plug a hole, but what short story is that?
Meat cubes should be able to do the same, perhaps turning themselves into a meatstation floor (except simulated) or something.
(05-02-2019, 07:59 PM)sartorius Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 04:17 AM)Berrik Wrote: This thread was actually inspired by a short Robert Heinlein story where a hull breach is indeed sealed by a fat guy sitting on it until rescue can arrive.

I know that Farmer in the sky had a guy using his scout uniform to plug a hole, but what short story is that?

I honestly don't even remember as I havn't read it in 20 years or more. It was one of the short stories.