Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bans should list expiry time, original length
The ban screen should tell the user how long the ban length is (currently it only tells the user how long the user has to wait still), and the time the ban expires.
This is a valid suggestion.

Here's a better one:

DON'T DO SOMETHING THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED
That was a bit unnecessarily hostile.

This is a good idea.
I agree with Dabir. While getting banned is usually reserved for some serious shit, short-term bans exist. A tracker for those that have attracted Admin Ire ™ would be good.
Winklabom Wrote:This is a valid suggestion.

Here's a better one:

Shut up nerd.
Berrik Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:This is a valid suggestion.

Here's a better one:

Shut up nerd.

congratulations, you've managed to contribute even less than winklabom! you should probably take your own advice and shut the heck up!

anyway, to get back on track, this is a good quality of life idea. nothing super duper important but i can see it being helpful for ban appeals. maybe also, for permanent bans, something that says the date you were banned/how long you've been banned for? that would stop people lying about it and help people who forgot when they were actually banned. i can see autobanning for evasion fucking with that though but that's not a big deal.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:the date you were banned/how long you've been banned for? that would stop people lying about it and help people who forgot when they were actually banned. i can see autobanning for evasion fucking with that though but that's not a big deal.

Yeah this is a good idea it would for sure stop going "I was banned years ago" when in truth they've only been banned for a couple of months. This way they can clearly see how long they really have been banned and won't run to that excuse.
Ed Venture Wrote:
LinkDaWolf Wrote:the date you were banned/how long you've been banned for? that would stop people lying about it and help people who forgot when they were actually banned. i can see autobanning for evasion fucking with that though but that's not a big deal.

Yeah this is a good idea it would for sure stop going "I was banned years ago" when in truth they've only been banned for a couple of months. This way they can clearly see how long they really have been banned and won't run to that excuse.
Seconding or thirding or whatever this idea and reasoning. If at all possible this should be a thing.
LinkDaWolf Wrote:anyway, to get back on track, this is a good quality of life idea. nothing super duper important but i can see it being helpful for ban appeals. maybe also, for permanent bans, something that says the date you were banned/how long you've been banned for? that would stop people lying about it and help people who forgot when they were actually banned. i can see autobanning for evasion fucking with that though but that's not a big deal.
Yeah I mostly suggested it for quality of life purposes and making the UI more polished. The banned UI right now just tells you how many days are left, and doesn't split remainder time into hours or minutes. It'll list "1.7 days" for example, which is really unintuitive and is annoying when you just want to figure out when you can get back into the game.

Ed Venture Wrote:Yeah this is a good idea it would for sure stop going "I was banned years ago" when in truth they've only been banned for a couple of months. This way they can clearly see how long they really have been banned and won't run to that excuse.
People will still use it as an excuse but it'll be much more transparent now that they have the hard data in front of the banned person.