Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debunking Stamina, Rejigging Exercising, Montages
So I was doing a bit of experimenting.. on stamina and how exercising and drugs effect the stamina bar. My results kind of reinforces that stamina needs a bit more work, and exercising should be looked at as means of another thing for crew to play with, particularly bored staff assistants/boxers/trainers, but also could fall into a the roll of security buffing themselves.
The bad news is that drugs and exercising doesn't really effect stamina all that much.
The good news is that most of you probably don't know that exercising actually does something, and that while it's lackluster, the system is clearly is in place, it just needs tweaking and expansion.

Here's my results: (Base stamina is 200/200, regeneration is 10)
Working out chest (the middle benchpress) - Increases Stamina by 10 goes away after 15 minutes or so.
Working out back (the left/right shoulder/back press) Increases stamina regeneration by +1, goes away after 15 minutes or so.
Punching bags - Increases stamina regeneration by +1, goes away after 15 minutes or so.
Sugar/Meth/Crank - Increases stamina regeneration by +2 although each have different decay and overdose.
Smoking - Increases stamina regeneration by +1 but fluctuates (when you puff)
Wasn't able to test bath salts or anything else that may increase stamina. All of the above only require 1 use to increase stats, i.e: Exercising more wont increase stats by any more, nor will taking more drugs.
Max stats you will get from exercising is 210 base stamina, 12 regeneration

Here's what I suggest:
1. NEW: Introduce a new machine, treadmill: Buffs speed of user slightly. I'll sprite even it.
2. NEW: Change punching bags: Instead of increasing stamina regeneration, it increases disarm effectiveness. You'll be more likely to parry a punch, and it requires less stamina for doing so.
3. NERF: Remove instant stamina boost: You'll instantly get that stamina buff from using a machine once. That's not too great. Instead make it so it requires 4-5 uses of a machine to boost your stat by +1. Obviously different with punching bags, which requires 9-10 clicks
4. NERF: Introduce "fatigue": You shouldn't be able to use the same machine again directly after. Introduce a cool down period known as "fatigue" that stops you from just buffing your character near instantly. This cool down period is relatively short, but can be reduced by using steroids, sugar and water in power respectively (all of which are in game)
5. BUFF: Increase the stat wall: Currently only able to go as far as 210 stamina, 12 regeneration. With removing the instant stamina boost, introducing fatigue which will mean your stats will take longer to increase, this is balanced by the fact that you can buff your character more than once. The max buff you can be is 250 stamina, 15 regeneration, higher than average disarm/parrying, and higher than average speed (but nowhere near meth/sonic speed)
6. BUFF: Keep stamina reduction at -1 per 15 minutes. Have it so it goes -1 each stat per 15 minutes, but only if you're not working out. If you're working out, even periodically during that 15 minutes, it does not reduce.

Come on coders, I want to fight scrubs, lose then go through a rigorous training montage only to get tased. Please let this happen.
I should probably note that for a player to be completely buff (reach the stat wall on everything), it would take 25 minutes of exercising, ~18 minutes if the player was using drugs or drinking water, which is quite a while.
And while max stats may sound a bit OP, 250 stamina, 15 regen, slight increase in disarm/speed isn't at all. It would make the difference in hand to hand combat, which is why I'm suggesting it. You might have different wrestlers increasing different stats, a speedy disarming wrestler vs a buff stamina wrestler for example. What i'm saying is it would completely diversify wrestling matches.
Stamina is a good system, don't get me wrong on this, but it needs some changes, there are a few items which completely ignore stamina and allow you to insta KO a user (hint: devices that have a on/off state) there also is no cap on the regeneration rate which allows you to make horrible mixes which make you unkillable.

However! Stamina boosts do not stack, clicking a punching bag once only gives +X, using a machine more than X times won't give you more stamina.
Quote:Stamina is a good system, don't get me wrong on this, but it needs some changes, there are a few items which completely ignore stamina and allow you to insta KO a user (hint: devices that have a on/off state) there also is no cap on the regeneration rate which allows you to make horrible mixes which make you unkillable.

I like the stamina system. But it's incomplete. I personally don't think it needs any other changes than the one I suggested. I also don't think there needs to be a regen cap, let it go as high as you possibly can go (if exercising changes was introduced, then it could go into around ~25 regen) but I would also suggest drugs being overhauled to have unique overdoses and addictions. Someone on meth and crank and bath salts would be likely to go insane or have a heart attack if using all at once.
As far as the stun baton that you're on about, stun batons need to not have instant ko on the off, but I feel it needs instant stun for on, otherwise being security would be literal hell. This could be rolled into the stamina system by simply setting the stamina bar to zero when hit with it (rather than doing stamina damage like the taser). Same with the flash for that matter.

Quote:However! Stamina boosts do not stack, clicking a punching bag once only gives +X, using a machine more than X times won't give you more stamina.

Sundance Wrote:Wasn't able to test bath salts or anything else that may increase stamina. All of the above only require 1 use to increase stats, i.e: Exercising more wont increase stats by any more, nor will taking more drugs.
Max stats you will get from exercising is 210 base stamina, 12 regeneration

Bearing that in mind, I was able to get my stamina regen up to 18-19 (fluctuating because of the smoke in my mouth) when on a combination of crank, meth, nicotine, sugar and after exercising.
Yes. Please let working out actually do something and yes I agree the stamina system feels unfinished.