DarkYew Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Zip Zoople
BYOND Username: DarkYew
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: Typically 4AM-7AM and 5PM-8PM most days. (GMT+10)
Otherwise, weekends are typically all day from 8AM - 11PM

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing SS13 in general for just over two years now, I'd estimate. Goonstation was my second server that I played on after TGstation and I appreciated its more 'gamelike' approach to SS13. It's since been one of my more played servers and the one I'm more comfortable with in terms of knowing stuff. I want to be a mentor to help the game be a little less intimidating to learn at first (A god-awfully hard task) and to help more new players actually stay rather than figuring it too hard and quitting on the spot. SS13 in my opinion is fun, moreso with more players and I think that helping people out who are starting or still-kinda-new will just in general help stuff grow.

The community of goonstation is hilarious, and this is a good way to get me more invested in it all. Helping people out is one of the things I'm better at (I'm an IT helpdesk guy.) and applying that here would be either pretty fun or really painful, either way it's all good. I've already introduced about 2 other people to the game and teaching them was some of the most agitating fun I've had. I taught them pretty much on the extended server and with in-game chat, in the case all that would've raised something.

My game experience with SS13 is (like I said before) about 2 years long. More recently I switch between /tg/code servers and goonstation pretty erratically, and I'd like to invest myself more into goon. In fact one of the things I did early on (And still sorta do sometimes) is read over wikis in the downtime of when I'm waiting for something or someone, with goonstation recently being some reading material. Even re-reading articles at times (okay more than that).

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I know for sure I was banned a fair while ago, earlier this year on account for racism. Nothing further happened past that point. (I think it was a 24 hour ban)
I have only seen you once really and that was you dead on the medbay floor.