Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Department Service Bells ~
The idea is that at every desk that has a credit transfer device on it there should also be a service bell that notifies the related apartment via PDA that "[crewmember] is requesting staff at [location]"

For example...
You go to the HoPs desk, and the HoP is nowhere to be seen.
So you ring the service bell.
HoP recieves this alert.
HoP (hopefully) arrives and you conduct ID business.

I think this service bell system would help make a lot of jobs easier.

It means theres an easy way to let someone know you want their service at a specific location.

And therefore easier to know if and where someone needs you.

Each departments pda is linked to the bells in their respective departments. Marketplaces have a special custom bell that you can scan your ID into and recieve alerts. This particular bell can be scanned by mechanics.
I like this, if only because it will let people play ding dong ditch.
As long as there's some anti-spam function. Maybe not muting, but a timer. That or if you hit it too many times too fast it breaks and now you've just ruined it for everyone.
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING

i like this idea
Add some wires so it can be disabled, rung without cooldown, or triggered remotely via signaller or mechanics construct and you've got a deal.
I can see it now: mechanics building multiple around the station that are constantly going off.

Mechanics then gets blown up.
http://www.ifc.com/videos/barton-fink-1991-lobby-scene
bing bing
[Image: 2QZrq8M.png]
[Image: NL1wFJx.png]
Plus I can see this helping a lot to locate people on cogmap 2 where everything is bigger.
What if each department had a different sounding ding? This way if the head doesn't get the message/not have their pda people from that department who know the sound can answer it.
Engineering gets a sort of ding-clank noise. Catering gets a dinner bell. Research gets a bell, and also a !!scientific!! theremin.

Botany just gets a slightly slowed-down clip of the word 'weed'.
Science should be a high pitched explosion.
Zadeon Wrote:What if each department had a different sounding ding? This way if the head doesn't get the message/not have their pda people from that department who know the sound can answer it.
One of them would have to be in the boxing ring. DING DING!
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Zadeon Wrote:What if each department had a different sounding ding? This way if the head doesn't get the message/not have their pda people from that department who know the sound can answer it.
One of them would have to be in the boxing ring. DING DING!
If absolutely nothing else, the boxing ring needs a bell.
make it possible to rewire a doorbell to an explosive device