Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unpowered stun batons ignore stamina and instantly KO people
I disagree with the stun weapon nerf thing, at least with regards to tasers. I can assure you I need all six shots in a taser and then some.

That harmbatoning is a stunlock into death is really no different than a charged baton + extinguisher beatings. And both are less effective than a stun and a toss out an airlock, or strip and strangle. My point is not that harmbatoning isn't powerful - it's that regular batoning is pretty much better no matter your intentions in nearly every case.

If we want to have a discussion about stun weaponry in general that's for another thread. But I don't think harmbaton is a serious issue that needs attention.

(My previous figures regarding stun durations are both probably overestimated by a second or two, since I forgot to account for the rest-move limbo time.)
Grayshift Wrote:I disagree with the stun weapon nerf thing, at least with regards to tasers. I can assure you I need all six shots in a taser and then some.

That harmbatoning is a stunlock into death is really no different than a charged baton + extinguisher beatings. And both are less effective than a stun and a toss out an airlock, or strip and strangle. My point is not that harmbatoning isn't powerful - it's that regular batoning is pretty much better no matter your intentions in nearly every case.

If we want to have a discussion about stun weaponry in general that's for another thread. But I don't think harmbaton is a serious issue that needs attention.

(My previous figures regarding stun durations are both probably overestimated by a second or two, since I forgot to account for the rest-move limbo time.)

When you get stunned normally by a baton you don't get knocked out or take damage. While if you do get harm baton'd you get stunned locked, Brute damage and you pass out. There is clearly a difference between the two and one is worse then the other. Also my issue with tasers is with the confused movement and the dropping of weapons. I never implied that I wanted the number of shots reduced. It's worse then a extinguisher beating because one hit from a extinguisher does not stun lock you.
Noah Buttes Wrote:It was originally police baton exclusive. It's a feature though, not a bug.
That having been said, I could've sworn marquesas was removing this from normal stun batons.

Plus it has the an effect from a antag weapon. Which is insane.
Grayshift Wrote:That harmbatoning is a stunlock into death is really no different than a charged baton + extinguisher beatings.
Except it is because harmbatoning ignores the fact that stun batons have a limited number of stuns before you need to recharge them.

Grayshift Wrote:My point is not that harmbatoning isn't powerful - it's that regular batoning is pretty much better no matter your intentions in nearly every case.
I've seen antagonists singlehandedly dominate entire departments of people on the station with just a harmbaton. That's the kind of shit you usually see with people using wrestling belts or c-sabers. For me, it isn't really the power of the item that's the problem; there are much more powerful murderbats you can throw around the station, such as aforementioned wrasslers and saberguys. What rubs me the wrong way is that this murderbat is something as almost ubiquitous as a stun baton.
Ed Venture Wrote:The issue is that they keep beating you to the point where you are in the negatives in stamina. So not only does it stun you but it does damage and if repeatedly hit you pass out. Then they just repeat it so you are not only stunned locked but knocked out so you can't even call for help.
Yeah. It's fairly trivial to just grab someone and pull them towards an airlock while beating them.

9 seconds might not be a lot of time to handcuff someone, but it's plenty of time to grab and toss them with your oft hand.
Hi hello. I agree with this being unintended + shit behaviour for powered-off harm batons, so I changed it.

They will now not affect the mob's weakened var, which was what was knocking dudes down. They now just do the standard object damage without any additional effects.

As for the stamina thing, in my tests stamina WAS being reduced with usage so I'm unsure if this has changed since the initial bug report or if the initial report was just wrong. Either way I have changed nothing to do with stamina.