Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove teleblocks from certain teleportation methods
Most teleportation methods require someone to actually travel to the area first, the teleporter pad built by mechanics and the little teleport beacons used by the old teleporter both require you to actually go to a area first, and build a pad, or leave a beacon behind.

I don't see why these methods should be blocked as well, it would be way easier for a scientist to travel to the solarium, setup a beacon, or leave a pad behind and allow players to go there without having to use telescience.
Yeah. I miss adventure telhubs.

I can understand some of the puzzles being 'ruined' by it, but couldn't just those specific areas be blocked? Even if I could just hook up transportation between the entrances, it'd be fun to open them up to random wanderers. I believe this kind of feature leaves people more likely to explore z2 instead of just thinking 'man telsci is too hard, I'll never learn it'. I like to leave a portal open to some zone but well, engineers are rarely that skilled it seems... if we even have any.
Vitatroll Wrote:I like to leave a portal open to some zone but well, engineers are rarely that skilled it seems... if we even have any.
Here is a small tip on doing that, order two or three of those experimental generators from cargo, and stick them in telescience it allows you to keep portals open F O R E V E R.
ErikHanson Wrote:
Vitatroll Wrote:I like to leave a portal open to some zone but well, engineers are rarely that skilled it seems... if we even have any.
Here is a small tip on doing that, order two or three of those experimental generators from cargo, and stick them in telescience it allows you to keep portals open F O R E V E R.
I've done that on some of the rare occasions I've rolled HoP or Captain. Same with erebite cells. As a regular scientist I'm stuck bartering with QM for 10 minutes for one egen. Then I would have to spend even more time replicating them, by myself or with mechanics help. Then I have to negotiate with whoever is doing telsci when I get back, or with the person trying to kill me. It's just quicker and more reliable to replicate the telepad offworld and open a portal from z2 to z1 with dwaine. Or to break into engineering and set up the engine myself.