Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three small changes to make being a zombie more enjoyable
Ok so I played a few rounds as a zombie recently, and I have found it to be kinda clunky due to the fact that people have not had a large chance to play it. Here are a few changes to the problems I think exist.

1. Make Zombies immune to suffocation and space damage like Changelings.

I find it a little weird that zombies are not immune to these things since they are actually dead, zombies move really slow already, and the fact being very cold makes it even worse.

2. Give the zombies the option to not regenerate when killed.

As it stands currently zombies begin to revive after being killed, and jump back up fully healthy to ruin his murderer's day. This forces the crew to use crates, lockers, and spacing to dispose of zombies as it is very tough to cremate, or gib them unless you are already at the respective places. Yesterday I had to ask an admin to gib my body as I was locked into a crate with no way of calling for help, which leads me to my third idea.

3. Let Zombies have their own special frequency like Aliens used to.

As zombie attacks are very sudden and hectic it is very easy for the crew to communicate because of their headsets and the players prior knowledge of zombies, this leaves zombies with a disadvantage. Since zombies cannot communicate with each other except for whispering, let them have their non radio related communication line to coordinate with each other and tell them where they are trapped if they are. Also tell anyone who becomes infected a little pop-up telling them how to use it.
1) yeah I dunno why zombies can suffocate, that is pretty dumb and should have been fixed years ago

2) that could probably be fixed by having Succumb shut off regeneration

3) a special frequency for zombies? What the hell, no way. They shouldn't even be able to whisper, that's a bug. Zombies are undead mindless beasts, why on earth would they be communicating telepathically for pro strategies? Moaning and groaning is an intentional drawback. They don't need to be balanced against the crew, one or two zombies catching a human player alone can already ruin them in seconds.

4) zombies are an ancient feature, the reason you almost never see them in game anymore usually is because zombies are overplayed and awful and zombie stuff sucked even worse than alien mode
ohhhhhhh ok since zombies could whisper I thought they could communicate with each other.
Dumb but maybe neat suggestion.

Give zombies visual communication, e.g markings only zombies can see and make, e.g "Food here" "Danger" etc.
Zombies can still point, can't they?
It was mostly a suggestion for if zombies ever became a seperate game mode (which I doubt) since braaaaaaiiiins doesn't lend itself to strategy well.

Writing what are pretty much Hobo symbols in zombie blood on walls would be super creepy, but it would still be more then what we have now.
Cogwerks Wrote:Zombies can still point, can't they?
Yes, they can. I pointed out a changeling as a zombie to the HoS during my last zombie round.
I think zombies shouldn't be able to re-rise from the dead at all. To me, as a zombie, rising from the dead once is good enough :roll:
I think zombies should be unstunnable, immune to air and cold like suggested, but have really large health, I mean borg kind of health.
Ok, this is why.
Imagine a gang of zombies shambling towards you. You've wasted all your ammo. Luckily you have some neurotoxin gas grenades and chucked it at the zombies. They don't run very fast so they can't avoid it. Mass gassings have never been so fun.
Locking down and "cleansing" areas with gas or fire, it'd feel more gritty than your average zombie outbreak.
If zombies were to get any form of "power" it should be clairvoyance, this way you'd be able to tell where the other zombies are so you could form a pack.
I dont know how relevant this thread is due to zombies being disabled from player spawn(thanks sundance) so if anyone wants to lock this thread its fine but if any coders ever want to actually work on zombies I guess there are some suggestions here.