Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addictions Tweaks
Might I suggest overhauling addiction? It's a great mechanic that strongly discourages repeated abusing of several addictive chemicals...there's just...one major problem with it:

It's easily circumventable and effectively a moot point to those who know how. Since addictions only proc on INGEST, anything that adds reagents directly to someone (cigs, smoke, hyposprays, and patches for instance); anyone remotely interested in using combat chems will always use one of these messages so they can abuse the chems to no end with no consequences for doing so if they stay under the overdose threshold.
Fox McCloud Wrote:Since addictions only proc on INGEST

Uhh, no? Smoking totally gets you craving nicotine, with the chemical you are smoking if i recall correctly (typing this while high as fuck, so i might be wrong)
ErikHanson Wrote:
Fox McCloud Wrote:Since addictions only proc on INGEST

Uhh, no? Smoking totally gets you craving nicotine, with the chemical you are smoking if i recall correctly (typing this while high as fuck, so i might be wrong)

Smoking cigs may proc INGEST now (I don't think they did, in the past), but, from the wiki:

http://wiki.ss13.co/Chemistry#Prelimina ... know.21.21

This is in agreement with my own personal experiences: I've never been able to get addicted to anything with patches, hyposprays, or the likes.