Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Toxicity
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:You know whats worse then asshole borgs? "Tattletale Ais" These Ais right from the moment the round starts starts hunting for antags and when it finds them it broadcasts the antags position non stop making sure the antag can't even get started and enjoy their round and robbing the other players of their antag. You people know who you are and you need to stop playing Ai.

is this about the one who gave away the wizard all round because he had a law to force that from the HoS

No I've ran into a bunch of Ais like this recently. I was not in the round you mentioned though
CaptainBravo Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:You know whats worse then asshole borgs? "Tattletale Ais" These Ais right from the moment the round starts starts hunting for antags and when it finds them it broadcasts the antags position non stop making sure the antag can't even get started and enjoy their round and robbing the other players of their antag. You people know who you are and you need to stop playing Ai.

is this about the one who gave away the wizard all round because he had a law to force that from the HoS

He's probably talking about me, when he stabbed someone in the medbay, ran and hide in a locker and informed everyone where the unknown stabber was hiding. Instead of then trying to evade the everwatching eye, getting changed and coming back with his ID on to plot further, he rushed straight for me, gave me a law to stop me talking and attempted to kill switch me.

The crew responded with extreme prejudice.

If you are a traitor and planning something remotely stealthy, have a plan to escape the AI. This can be as simple as an agent ID or as complex as multiple identities and an off-station hide away to teleport to with your handy portable teleporter.
Ed Venture Wrote:Let people play their antag rounds how they want. Telling others how to play their rare antag rounds is one of the most unfun things to do and I see it way too much from the playerbase here.

Please be consistent thanks. Saying to let people play their rounds how they want but then telling people to stop playing AI because they play AI a way is quite the big backflip.
Keywords there areantag rounds there is a difference in promoting freedom for antag rounds an discouraging players from being shit in their non antag roles. Next time please read things slowly thanks
Remmon Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:

He's probably talking about me, when he stabbed someone in the medbay, ran and hide in a locker and informed everyone where the unknown stabber was hiding. Instead of then trying to evade the everwatching eye, getting changed and coming back with his ID on to plot further, he rushed straight for me, gave me a law to stop me talking and attempted to kill switch me.

The crew responded with extreme prejudice.

If you are a traitor and planning something remotely stealthy, have a plan to escape the AI. This can be as simple as an agent ID or as complex as multiple identities and an off-station hide away to teleport to with your handy portable teleporter.
If you must know it had to do with a Ai catching me spawning items in the tunnels and then follow and reporting everything I did. You people and your assumptions geez. This is not even the first time something like that has happen there has always been Ais like this and no I was not talking about I clearly said it was Ais who hunt for traitors as soon as a round starts, you only tracked me cause I caused a crime and harmed a human
Last time I had a round with a supercop AI (it outed a traitor sorting his box sub 3 minutes) it was promptly renamed to something along the lines of 'Shit' and given some weird ass law which practically muted it -- everyone cheered.

I wouldn't say "don't do this", but I would say "it's for your own good that you don't". Nobody wants to be that guy.
Also screaming about an antagonist without giving them a decent start-up time is, in addition to being rude, a violation of the rules on metagaming and shouldn't be done regardless. This also applies to security officers who catch someone spawning their items and promptly start violently beating them to death and throwing them into disposals. Not cool.
<Aesculus> the traitor toxicity thread can basically be summed up as "let me have an easy time as traitor and don't actually pose a threat to me!!! and also I'm doing whatever I want while frowning on you for doing the same" cant it

He's got a point.
Vitatroll Wrote:Last time I had a round with a supercop AI (it outed a traitor sorting his box sub 3 minutes) it was promptly renamed to something along the lines of 'Shit' and given some weird ass law which practically muted it -- everyone cheered.

I wouldn't say "don't do this", but I would say "it's for your own good that you don't". Nobody wants to be that guy.
This sounds like the opposite of fun.
Hufflaw Wrote:<Aesculus> the traitor toxicity thread can basically be summed up as "let me have an easy time as traitor and don't actually pose a threat to me!!! and also I'm doing whatever I want while frowning on you for doing the same" cant it

He's got a point.