Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slip And Sliding "Fun"
It is still possible to create materials that have a component of ice along with the other materials. The method: Make a window out of ice, break the window, and use the shard in the smelting process. Then use the "alloy" of ice and whatever to make your annoying bullshit floor tile stack. It still melts if you hold it too long.

The real bug is that you slip on EVERY SINGLE TILE consecutively, which puts people on their ass for like 30-40 seconds with a decent stretch of ice. That doesn't seem right.
Same thing happens with slipping on water though and it is totally right. Ain't you ever seen a cartoon?
It's ice dude. Slipping and sliding is what it does and if someone is going to the trouble to make floors made out of ice through the convoluted method of the smelter just let them.
I think that the main thing that's being complained about here is not the sliding in general, but the obscenely long stun you get at the end of it. Assuming that the estimation of 30-40 seconds is not hyperbole, that's some pretty crazy shit.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I think that the main thing that's being complained about here is not the sliding in general, but the obscenely long stun you get at the end of it. Assuming that the estimation of 30-40 seconds is not hyperbole, that's some pretty crazy shit.

I can confirm this is not an exaggeration, because I was sliding around on them a few nights back. The stun time is about 30-45 seconds give or take. ......DAMN!
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:I think that the main thing that's being complained about here is not the sliding in general, but the obscenely long stun you get at the end of it. Assuming that the estimation of 30-40 seconds is not hyperbole, that's some pretty crazy shit.

I tested it myself.

I had enough time to rob someone of several of their clothing articles, and I also had enough time to regret attempting to flee across the patch later. At the very least, the cumulative stun should be looked into. The convoluted method to perform this hecka rude task can stay, since it's not too easy to manage and it's fairly easy to fix or interrupt.