Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Authority Update: Budget Cuts!
This is a suggestion for a gamemode or random event.

System Authority Update

Get Buzzy!
Due to recent budget cuts we had to force ourselfs to loan the emergency shuttle to a group of bees in the Alpha sector, this will mean that we are unable to send a emergency shuttle.
We have located some old, rusty and dusty parts from a old DEC-9403 escape vehicle, and shipped those to the cargo bay, there are some basic instructions included, good luck!

Centcom has loaned their emergency shuttle! And now it's up to the station to build their own emergency shuttle, this could make for a interesting event, gamemode, or admin-gimmick. The crew has to work together to build their own shuttle and endure some random events during transit.

One of the events i've ran in the past when i used to maintain, and administrate on hippiestation.
http://imgur.com/a/SVnrj
It might be worth noting, that admins can already run these things as a event, by going into build mode, and deleting the emergency shuttle at centcom, then moving it to the station, changing the timer, and having the crew build something in the shuttle area, so implementing this as a fully fledged event, or gamemode should be a piece of cake.
Due to how often no-one survives rounds occur, I feel this would be a bad idea to implement as a random event.

Buuuut, as a gamemode or admin gimmick this definitely has potential!
I see two options.
Option 1. Make it an event triggered by an admin button

Option 2. Give the captain/HoP/HoS the ability to makes loans from centcomm. However if these loans are not payed back at the end of the round bad stuff happens like having to build your own shuttle or they include debt collectors on the shuttle. Maybe even a really small chance they send a nuke.

Some cencomm/escape shuttle variety would make for a change.
i think it would be neat if the quality of the shuttle was dependent or at least was influenced by the budget

ie

low/no budget gets you the shitty clunker as described
average gets you default
high gets you a really nice looking one with leather seats
babayetu83 Wrote:i think it would be neat if the quality of the shuttle was dependent or at least was influenced by the budget

ie

average gets you default
Doesn't ours already have leather seats?
Carlarc Wrote:
babayetu83 Wrote:i think it would be neat if the quality of the shuttle was dependent or at least was influenced by the budget

ie

average gets you default
Doesn't ours already have leather seats?
Go back to the fold up chairs for low budget. Of course, have them all fly to the back of the shuttle regardless if you're buckled in or not.
For added pressure, one of the components should be the wormhole drive, which comes pre-charged and WILL send everything within a shuttle-sized radius into the warp if you don't get it built in time.
Anticheese Wrote:For added pressure, one of the components should be the wormhole drive, which comes pre-charged and WILL send everything within a shuttle-sized radius into the warp if you don't get it built in time.
It'd be cool if a traitor could hack the drive so it makes the shuttle go to a syndicate base as part of an objective.