Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-pressurizing rooms is an uphill battle
I don't know if this is a quirk in the recently-shuffled atmos code or me just drastically underestimating how much effort these sort of things take, but recently, it seems next to outright impossible to refill rooms that have been vented to space with air, even if I drag in more than five full canisters of air into the area. All of it just enigmatically vanishes somehow, and leaves the area every bit as much of an airless void as it was before.
I can confirm. Trying to build a real bridge to replace the airbridge, I'd have gas-empty tiles is strange patterns among the pressurized tiles, which were draining away into nothing.
Yeah. Damn near impossible depending on the damage. Then again, I remember building a wall (pre change, months ago) which magically sucked the air out of the chapel. Sometimes atmos just breaks.

I only fix things to keep the cold in check now.
To provide an example, I was fiddling around with chemistry and accidentally set off a nitrogen triiodide explosion, punching through one (just one) of the chemistry walls. Cue the northeast corner of the chemistry lab and pretty much the entire main hallway of the research sector (and the telesci lab once I broke into that through the wall) losing all of its air and adamantly refusing to regain it, even though I patched the hole up in about a minute, if even that. Shit's ridiculous.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:To provide an example, I was fiddling around with chemistry and accidentally set off a nitrogen triiodide explosion, punching through one (just one) of the chemistry walls. Cue the northeast corner of the chemistry lab and pretty much the entire main hallway of the research sector (and the telesci lab once I broke into that through the wall) losing all of its air and adamantly refusing to regain it, even though I patched the hole up in about a minute, if even that. Shit's ridiculous.

On the other side of a coin, recently i took it upon myself to test how fast a room depressurizes (and how fast it gets cold, but I didn't get to test that because the temperature never changed as long as there was even a minuscule amount of gas on the tile), I holed up in the observatory and broke a window leading to space. I could literally stand the tile next to where the window was with no internals and be breathing perfectly. My analyzer showed that the pressure went down like 0.1 kPa every few seconds. After ten minutes I gave up, I ended up taking half of the windows out before i was confined to the opposite corner, albeit still able to breathe with no internals for a decent amount of time.

I went into the testing just to get some fuel/data for a post about how the change made the previous round unplayable because the wizard kept breaking holes in the station with fireball. He'd break a floor tile with it and incredibly quickly the room would be freezing cold and devoid of air. I don't know what the hell happened in either case.
Rooms don't seem to be depressurizing quite as quickly and as bizarrely as before, but as far as my recent efforts seem to show, it's still damn near impossible to get air back into an area after it's been hit with a decent pipe bomb, and reheating a room also takes quite a bit of time if it works at all.
o shit i fixed this yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee