Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wirecutters and the like pierce all armor
For some reason, wirecutters seem to pierce armor without a fault and cause massive bloodloss. I got cut like 5 times with wirecutters in industrial armor and passed out due to bloodloss. It seems a bit weird that something designed to cut only wires can cut through a suit of armor that can withstand a shuttle arrival as if it were butter, without any of the stamina loss that something like a fire extinguisher would cause.
This is pretty funny in hindsight but also seems a bit overpowered.
It is a bit powerful for something you can find almost anywhere.
Armor should absorb damage like this(perhaps RNG or armor breakdown?) and wirecutters shouldn't deal so much damage for being so plentiful v
Different armors have different protective values from the various sources. While industrial armor is super super good against explosions, it's melee protectiveness was revealed to be a 2 a long while back - a value it shares with the labcoat, waistcoat, and sweaters. It also shares bullet protectiveness rating of 1 with those.

The armored vest has a melee protectiveness of 6 and bullet of 2, but since these figures were revealed a long time ago it's easily possible they're outdated.

Regardless, I'm tempted to say feature. I do not like the concept of best-in-slot items, and being nigh immune to explosions should have a price.

If this does get fixed, I would recommend applying a moderate movement slow to the RIG, a touch more severe than the firesuit. As is they do make the bomb disposal kits in the armory perfectly pointless. Those aren't even spacesuits.
an item so plentiful shouldn't pierce any armor so easily IMO. And it shouldn't cause as much bloodloss as it does either
Somepotato Wrote:an item so plentiful shouldn't pierce any armor so easily IMO. And it shouldn't cause as much bloodloss as it does either
Improvised weapons are the bread and butter of SS13's combat, though.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Somepotato Wrote:an item so plentiful shouldn't pierce any armor so easily IMO. And it shouldn't cause as much bloodloss as it does either
Improvised weapons are the bread and butter of SS13's combat, though.

Wirecutters aren't improvised, they're fabricated from any of the many general fabricators and nearly all of the toolboxes that aren't emergency ones.
Nanotrasen wirecutters are rated for cutting through strands of Super-CNT™, MartyMartian's Biomat™, and Bill's Ancient Junk Reporium™ wiring.

Eh. I agree it's silly but I'd call it a feature. Unless you want indysuits to be harder to get again. I wouldn't mind at all, honestly. You don't need them for mining anymore (with pods), so it's usually just some antag or vigilante running around in one.
Vitatroll Wrote:Nanotrasen wirecutters are rated for cutting through strands of Super-CNT™, MartyMartian's Biomat™, and Bill's Ancient Junk Reporium™ wiring.

Eh. I agree it's silly but I'd call it a feature. Unless you want indysuits to be harder to get again. I wouldn't mind at all, honestly. You don't need them for mining anymore (with pods), so it's usually just some antag or vigilante running around in one.

No the suits shouldn't be buffed anymore they're already pretty broken. I just feel the wirecutters should be nerfed, especially with armor of any variety.
I thought this applied to literally any item capable of causing bleeding?